BRIDGETTE PREGLIASCO ADULT LEARNER SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
This scholarship honoring Dr. Bridgette Pregliasco, Assistant Vice President for Student Life from 1995 to 2002, was established in 2001 through the Torchbearer Program to provide financial resources for adult students.
To be eligible for this scholarship, a student must:
1. Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0. This GPA would include previous grades from all colleges, both domestic and foreign.
2. Be a Kentucky Resident.
3. Be currently enrolled in 6 or more credit hours at U of L, and must have completed at least 24 U of L credit hours.
4. Be 22 years of age or older.
5. Provide a statement for justification of award on the second page.
6. Complete and sign this application, attach two letters of recommendation and return to the Red Barn Programs Office located in the Red Barn to your left as you enter the hallway from the single door with the awning marked “Intersection” on the South side of the Red Barn on or before Monday, April 22, 2013, at 5pm.
7. Preference may be given to students with financial need.
8. Preference may be given to applicants who have a current FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) on file with the Financial Aid Office (web site at www.fafsa.ed.gov).
9. Scholarship applicants will be competitively selected based on their academic record and statement for justification of award addressing these criteria.
10. All Awards must be approved by the Financial Aid Office.
REQUIRED INFORMATION (Please type or print legibly)
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS MONDAY, APRIL 22, 2013, AT 5PM.
Please return application with 2 letters of recommendation to the Red Barn Programs Office located in the Red Barn to your left as you enter the hallway from the single door with the awning marked “Intersection” on the South side of the Red Barn.
Please note: Only completed applications with TWO letters of recommendation attached and received by the deadline will be considered. NO EXCEPTIONS
Please make it very clear to the persons doing reference letters for you that the reference letters must be attached to, and turned in, with application.