CLUB PROGRAMMING COMMITTEE
Please review the following information before completing the application.
All CPC funding is considered a one-time allocation for a single and limited purpose. The requesting organization must be a RSO (Recognized Student Organization) in good standing with the RSO Office. The requester can represent more than one RSO as long as all groups are in good standing. The Dean of Students Office and SGA will each appoint four individuals to serve on the Club Programming Committee (CPC). Organizations will not receive funding if a detailed budget is not submitted.
- Deadline for fall events is April 11, 2013 by 3pm
- Deadline for fall events (2nd round) is September 10, 2013 by 3pm
If your RSO receives direct operating funds from SGA, requests must be for events co-sponsored by another RSO.
GUIDELINES FOR FUNDING DECISIONS
Remember that this funding is a privilege not a right. Funding is not guaranteed. The Committee will make its decisions to allocate funding based on the following:
- Is it clearly explained how the event would enhance campus life and engage the student body?
- What opportunities are evident for students to develop relationships with other students, faculty, staff or administrators thereby causing greater campus engagement?
- Are expenses reasonable for the benefit derived from such a program occurring?
- Is a detailed budget attached? What evidence of adequate planning is demonstrated?
Additionally other considerations include but are not limited to (not all outcomes have to be demonstrated for successful consideration):
- Campus traditions are celebrated or continued
- Collaboration with other organizations
- Appeal to a broad range of the student population
- Benefit to campus if only a few students are targeted
- Creative new initiatives
- Demonstrated success of previous programming attempts by this group
- Duplication of efforts by other organizations
- Is an unsatisfied need met
- How likely is the event to succeed based on past performance by this group
- Potential for students to learn from the experience
- Events not open to the entire university community
- Programs in violation of Federal, State, or Local laws
- Programs that violate any established University rules or regulations
- Events designed to advocate the election or defeat of any candidate for public office
- Student travel (travel expenses for invited speakers, performers is permitted) – funding for student travel can be requested through SGA Appropriation Committee
- Purchasing alcohol, tobacco, fireworks, or controlled substances
- Programs inconsistent with the group’s mission/purpose
If your RSO is submitting multiple applications, please prioritize your applications in order of importance.
CPC applications are DUE NO LATER THAN 3:00PM
For additional information, please contact Student Activities at email@example.com or 852-6691.