Student Activities SAB Position Listing
The Graduate Assistantship for Student Activities Board is a part time 12 month academic year appointment in the Student Activities Office. The Graduate Assistant supervised by the Assistant Director of Student Activities for Programming and assists in providing advising to the Student Activities Board (SAB) and other campus programs.
- Serve as an adviser for assigned Student Activities Board committees and chairpersons to provide guidance on program planning and implementation, event promotion, risk management and compliance with University policies and procedures
- Develop and implement programmatic initiative related to student activities programming, including but not limited to such areas as Student Activities Board, Center programming, and programming for off campus students.
- Support Student Activities in its efforts towards improved assessment, multicultural programs, adult programs, volunteerism, and programming.
- Supervise events and/or facilities as assigned to insure compliance with University policies and procedures.
- Assist with the training and development of SAB leaders. Coordinate on-going training and development series for SAB.
- Coordinate special projects as assigned. [I.e. Homecoming Events, National Alcohol Awareness Programs, Assessment, etc.]
- Serve as a consultant for student organizations for event development, logistics and implementation. Develop training and development resources for student leaders on programming.
- Promote new student involvement. Conduct outreach activities that promote student involvement in the Student Activities Board at fairs, displays, and appointments with students.
- Develop and implement assessment outcomes for Student Activities Board programming. Collect and compile evaluation data from all SAB events Conduct a research project related to student activities programming and departmental goals.Assist in the preparation and maintenance of appropriate periodic/special operations reports and surveys.
- Serve as an active member of the Student Activities Dept, attend meetings, and contribute to departmental goals and objectives. Provide assistance to other members of the staff as requested and assume additional responsibilities within the scope of the position as required. Provide support for special events and functions that occur. Participate in staff development programs for the department and Division of Student Affairs to enhance personal and professional development. Participate in departmental and divisional planning and evaluation processes. Perform other duties as assigned by the Director. Provide information to the Director as requested. Conduct other administrative duties for the office as appropriate.
- Background in program planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Ability to work with a diverse student population
- Attention to detail and an enjoyment of evaluation and research
- Strong organization, communication, and leadership skills.
- Ability to serve as a role model for undergraduate students.
- Competence in technology; proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic, and outgoing
- Possess and have demonstrated past leadership experience
- Understanding of the value of out-of–class involvement.
- Must have flexible work hours; some evening and weekend work required.
- Full time admission to and enrollment in a graduate program at the University of Louisville. (Preferably College Student Personnel or Higher Education programs).
- Must maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA throughout their term of appointment. Failure to do so can result in the loss of their position and future financial remuneration.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Stipend of $1200 a month for 12 months.
- Full time graduate in-state tuition remission
- Health care benefits/insurance.
- Professional development opportunities at workshops and conferences may be available.
July 1 – June 30
All submissions for this assistantship should be made electronically and include a current resume, letter of interest, and three professional references. Reference list must include address, title, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses (if available) for all references. Applicants should include any student organization leadership positions from their undergraduate experience in their resume`. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
For more information contact:
Director of Student Activities
Student Activities Center, Suite W310
University of Louisville
Louisville, Kentucky 40292
Phone: (502) 852-8329
Facsimile: (502) 852-7332
The University of Louisville is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer