Recognized Student Organizations - Position Listing
The Graduate Assistantship for Recognized Student Organization Development is a part time 12 month academic year appointment in the Office of Student Involvement. The Graduate Assistant supervised by the Assistant Director of Involvement. The Graduate Assistant assists in providing training and development for the University’s Recognized Student Organizations.
- Develop and implement programmatic initiative related to student organizations, including but not limited to such areas as leadership development, officer training, organizational development, membership recruitment, succession planning, risk management and diversity.
- Work with leadership programs to provide RSO's training and development.
- Promote new student involvement. Conduct outreach activities that promote new student involvement in campus organizations at fairs, displays, and appointments with students. Assist the Assistant Director with the coordination of RSO Fair each semester Provide avenues to students who have expressed interest to connect with student organization (process student involvement sheet, sign up sheets, web forms, etc..)
- Assist with registration of RSO events in accordance with the RSO Event Policy and Alcohol Guidelines.
mandatory student organization meetings.
Calculate attendance at mandatory organization sessions and notify
groups of compliance status
- Assist with research related and assessment to RSO's. Assist in the preparation and maintenance of periodic reports, surveys and statistics.
- Coordinate print and digital resources for student leaders
and advisers of Recognized Student Organizations. Maintain and update the RSO web site. Work closely with OrgSync.
- Serve as a consultant for RSO members to implement leadership training and organizational development activities such as retreats, workshops, member education and leadership transition. Develop training and development resources for student leaders and advisers of Recognized Student Organizations..
- Serve as an
active member of the Office of Student Involvement, attend meetings, and contribute
to departmental goals and objectives. Provide assistance to other members of
the staff as requested and assume additional responsibilities within the scope
of the position as required. Provide
support for special events and functions that occur. Participate in staff development programs for
the department and Division of Student Affairs to enhance personal and
professional development. Participate in
departmental and divisional planning and evaluation processes. Perform other
duties as assigned by the Assistant Director.
Provide information to the Director as requested. Conduct other administrative duties for the
office as appropriate.
- Background in program planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Ability to work with a diverse student population
- Attention to detail and an enjoyment of evaluation and research
- Strong organization, communication, and leadership skills.
- Ability to serve as a role model for undergraduate students and alumni volunteers.
- Competence in technology; proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic, and outgoing
- Possess and have demonstrated past leadership experience
- Understanding of the value of out-of–class involvement.
- Must have flexible work hours; some evening and weekend work required.
- Full time admission to and enrollment in a graduate program at the University of Louisville. (Preferably College Student Personnel or Higher Education programs).
- Must maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA throughout their term of appointment. Failure to do so can result in the loss of their position and future financial remuneration.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Stipend of $1,200 a month for 12 months.
- Full time graduate in-state tuition remission
- Health care benefits/insurance.
- Professional development opportunities at workshops and conferences may be available.
July 1 – June 30
All submissions for this assistantship should be made electronically and include a current resume, letter of interest, and a list of three professional references. Reference list must include address, title, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses (if available) for all references. Applicants should include any student organization leadership positions from their undergraduate experience in their resume`. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
For more information contact:
Associate Director of Student Involvement
Student Activities Center, Suite W310
University of Louisville
Louisville, Kentucky 40292
Phone: (502) 852-0242
Facsimile: (502) 852-7332
The University of Louisville is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer