Office of Student Involvement - Leadership Program - Position Listing
The Graduate Assistantship for Leadership is a part time 12 month academic year appointment in the Office of Student Involvement. The Graduate Assistant is supervised by the Program Coordinator and provides leadership for Freshmen LEAD and other leadership and service programs.
Co-facilitate Freshmen LEAD and Task Force Freshmen, including supervising student directors.
- Coordinate training and performance evaluation process of directors
- Assist with retreat planning
- Assist with planning and attend bi-weekly meetings
- Create/Edit packets and written materials
- Keep web page information current and updated
- Address concerns and performance problems with all participants, as needed
- Coordinate selection process in fall
- Coordinate program assessment process
- Plan social events
- Assist with Welcome Week recruitment
- Submit information for annual report
- Departmental leadership training involvement and support
- Other event support as needed
- Serve as member of planning team
- Submit program proposal for professional conference once per year
- Serve as staff leader for Alternative Service Breaks
Advising/supervising, training development, assessment, curriculum development
- Background in leadership programming, teaching and/or training
- Ability to work with a diverse student population and first year students in particular
- Attention to detail
- Interest or experience in research
- Strong organization, communication and leadership skills
- Ability to serve as role model for undergraduate students
- Competence in technology; proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic
- Possess demonstrated past leadership experience
- Understanding of the value of out-of-class involvement
- Must have flexible work hours; some evenings and weekend work required.
- Full time admission to and enrollment in a graduate program at the University of Louisville (preferably College Student Personnel or Higher Education Administration)
- Must maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA throughout their term of appointment. Failure to do so can result in the loss of their position and future financial remuneration.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Full-time in-state tuition remission for fall and spring
- $1200 stipend per month for twelve months
- Individual health insurance
- Professional development opportunities at workshops and conferences may be available
July 1 – June 30
Please send under separate cover a resume, a list of three references and a cover letter tailored to this position to the contact listed below. Reference list must include address, title, phone numbers, and email addresses (if available). Applicants should include any student organization leadership positions from their undergraduate experience in their resume. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
For more information, contact:
Pam Nessle Curtis, Associate Director
Student Activities Center Suite W310
University of Louisville
Louisville, KY 40292
The University of Louisville is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.