Office of Student Leadership Development - Freshmen L.E.A.D. - Position Listing
Position: Graduate Assistant for Leadership Programs
- Serve as advisor for assigned participants
- Supervise directors of program
- Coordinate performance evaluation process of directors
- Assist with retreat planning.
- Assist with planning and attend bi-weekly meetings.
- Create/Edit packets and written materials
- Keep web page information current and updated
- Address concerns and performance problems with all participants, as needed
- Coordinate selection process in fall
- Coordinate assessment process
- Plan social events
- Assist with Welcome Weekend recruitment.
- Submit information for annual report.
- Work with spring leadership conference.
- Facilitate RSO training sessions.
- Coordinate leadership training information.
- Assist with training sessions as requested.
- Coordinate assessment of trainings as well as needs assessments.
- Keep records of education session tools, activities, and programs.
- Assist with campus leadership course(s).
Leadership Living Learning Community
- Implement and attend programs as requested.
- Coordinate assessment plan.
- Serve as member of planning team
- Submit program proposal for professional conference once per semester
- Full-time in state tuition remission for fall and spring
- $1,200 stipend per month for 12 months
- Individual health insurance
- Must be enrolled in graduate program at UofL
- Preferably enrolled in the College Student Personnel and Higher Education
- Strong organization, interpersonal communication, writing and leadership skills
- Flexible work hours
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Should possess and have demonstrated past leadership experience
- Strong desire to work with undergraduate students
- Knowledge of computer software an asset
All submissions for this assistantship should be made electronically and include a current resume, letter of interest, and three professional references. Reference list must include address, title, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses (if available) for all references. Applicants should include any student organization leadership positions from their undergraduate experience in their resume`. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
For more information contact:
Director of Student Activities
Student Activities Center, Suite W310
University of Louisville
Louisville, Kentucky 40292
Phone: (502) 852-8329
Facsimile: (502) 852-7332