Housing and Residence Life - Graduate Hall Director - Position Listing
The Hall Director is a part time / live-in position 20 hour position. As a part of the Residential Education team, this position’s primary goal is to support the academic, social, recreational, interpersonal, and health and safety needs of the residents both in the building and on campus. The HD will do this through working with different levels of staff on the administration, planning, implementation and assessment of the staff training and student development programming.
This position will be working with the Residential Education team with the administration, implementation and assessment of programming in the halls and throughout campus. This includes living in and managing a residence hall facility ranging from 214 – 300 beds and supervising a staff of 7 – 10 resident assistants.
The Hall Director should demonstrate competencies in the following areas: student development theory, coordination of schedules, multiple tasks and working with student leaders. Supervision of student staff is preferred, but minimally the candidate should show extensive leadership in student groups.
The Hall Director will be supervised by a Coordinator and the Assistant Director for Resident Education.
There will be weekend and evening responsibilities as needed. Candidates must have completed Bachelor’s level degree. This position is designed to allow staff members to actively pursue a graduate degree; therefore preference for continued employment will be given to individuals who are actively pursuing a degree.
General Qualifications and Criteria
- Must be enrollment in a graduate program at UofL
- Abide by Code of Ethical Conduct and policies for operation in the Housing & Residence Life office
- Preferably enrolled in the College Student Personnel or Higher Education Program (if enrolled with another program, must be able to articulate how graduate assistantship will be meaningful and beneficial for both self-development and development of Housing & Residence Life program)
- Support the mission of Housing & Residence Life
- Ability to hire, train, and supervise student staff
- Meet one-on-one with supervisor weekly
- Attend all residence life meetings
- Attend Student Affairs Divisional meetings (once a semester)
- Attend all Housing & Residence life full staff meetings
Remuneration and Benefits
Monthly stipend: $620 per month. Additional benefits include tuition waiver supplemented parking permit, partial meal plan, $200 professional development, as well as a fully furnished apartment. Furnished apartment including cable, utilities, local phone service, and high speed internet and a meal plan is provided.
How to Apply
EMAIL Christopher Potts
and attach a resume, three references and a cover letter tailored to this position.
For additional information contact Christopher Potts, Housing and Residence Life, West Hall, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40292. - or phone 502-852-6636.