Disability Resource Center - Position Listing
The Graduate Service Assistant for the Disability Resource Center coordinates note-taker accommodations for students with disabilities.
- Recruit and train volunteer note takers
- Prepare note taker announcements
- Match note takers with students
- Respond to student and note taker concerns
- Develop and implement in-person and online note taker training
- Maintain note taker database
- Participate in note taker recruitment by going into classrooms as needed
- Coordinate the evaluation of note taker services
- Provide note takers with documentation of their earned service hours
- Terminate unsuitable note takers
- Assist in resolving student and note taker problems
- Maintain confidentiality regarding all disability related information, including the identities of students served
- Setup student mailboxes
- $1,200 per month stipend for 10 months
- Full-time in-state tuition remission for fall and spring
- Individual Health Insurance
- Must be enrolled in a graduate or professional program (9 hours fall and 9 hours spring)
- Preference given to student in College Student Personnel, Higher Education Administration or related field
- Must have experience and/or interest in working with students with disabilities.
- Skills needed: organization, flexibility, good telephone etiquette, problem solving, word-processing, and database management, ability to work under pressure, and ability to work with varying personalities.
How to apply:
Email Colleen Gettys
and attach a resume, three references and a cover letter tailored to this position.
For additional information contact Colleen Gettys, Program Coordinator, Disability Resource Center, Stevenson Hall, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40292 or phone 502-852-6938.