Departmental Assistant for Safety and Security - Housing
The Departmental Assistant for Safety and Security (DASS) is a full time position at 80% in the office of Housing and Residence Life. As a part of the Residential Education team, this position’s primary goal is to support the academic, social, recreational, interpersonal, and health and safety needs of the residents in. This DASS will do this through working with different levels of staff on the administration, planning, implementation of a comprehensive safety and security program.
This position will be working with the Residential Education team with the administration, implementation and assessment of front desk operations. This includes working that all issues with contracted security, desk operations, and safety programming are resolved, referred and followed up with in a timely and appropriate manner with the hall directors.
The DASS will be supervised by a Coordinator and the Assistant Director for Resident Education.
The DASS should demonstrate competencies in the following areas: supervision of undergraduate student staff; oversight of desk operations program; working with contracted security; knowledge of trends concerning safety and security on college campuses and corresponding programs and initiatives student development theory; and trends from benchmarking institutions.
General Qualifications and Criteria
- Prefer enrollment in a graduate program at UofL
- Abide by Code of Ethical Conduct and policies for operation in the Housing & Residence Life office
- Preferably enrolled in the College Student Personnel or Higher Education Program (if enrolled with another program, must be able to articulate how graduate assistantship will be meaningful and beneficial for both self-development and development of Housing & Residence Life program)
- Background in supervision, program planning, implementation and evaluation
- Strong organization, interpersonal communication, writing and leadership skills
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Strong desire to work with diverse student population
- Knowledge of computer applications is preferred
Remuneration and Benefits
Starting Salary: $13,894. Full time staff benefits assessed at 80% including medical insurance, retirement plan, life insurance, partial tuition waiver and partial meal plan, as well as University bookstore staff discount, and access to campus health and fitness facilities. Optional: Furnished apartment including cable, utilities, local phone service, and high speed internet available with additional on-site responsibilities for administrative support, student crisis and emergency situations as well as serving in the professional level on-call rotation.
How to Apply
This position is not yet open. When open - applications will need to be made to University Office of Human Resources.
For additional information EMAIL , Housing and Residence Life, West Hall, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40292. - or phone 502-852-6636.