Departmental Assistant for Administration - Housing
The Departmental Assistant for Administration (DAA) is a full- time position at 80% in the office of Housing and Residence Life. This position’s primary goal is to support the inner workings of the central office. The DAA specializes in administrative functions such as serving on committees, attending evening and weekend recruitment events, working with affiliated housing properties, preparing reports, maintaining records, and implementing assessments. The DAA will also do this through working with varying areas of administrative services, including contributing to central office front desk operations and customer service.
The DAA will be working with the Director, Associate Director Support Services, and Coordinator of Assignment, Billing and Information and Interns in varying administrative practices within the central office. Specific assignments may include coordinate assessment activities; maintain records of assessment and information; manage social media for department (Twitter, Facebook, etc); coordinate unit marketing, communications and outreach programs; assist with Affiliation activities; and assist with central front desk operations as needed.
The DAA should demonstrate competencies in the following areas: supervision, oversight of appeal committees, central office front desk operations, knowledge of assessment resources and trends from benchmarking institutions.
Supervisor: Associate Director for Administrative Services
There will be weekend and evening responsibilities as needed. Must have completed Bachelor’s level education and have at least 1 year experience in housing or student affairs. This position is designed to allow staff members to actively pursue a graduate degree; therefore preference for continued employment will be given to individuals who are actively pursuing a degree.
General Qualifications and Criteria
- Prefer enrollment in a graduate program at UofL
- Abide by Code of Ethical Conduct and policies for operation in the Housing & Residence Life office
- Preferably enrolled in the College Student Personnel or Higher Education Program (if enrolled with another program, must be able to articulate how graduate assistantship will be meaningful and beneficial for both self-development and development of Housing & Residence Life program)
- Ability to hire, train, and supervise student staff
- Meet one-on-one with supervisor weekly
- Background in supervision, program planning, implementation and evaluation
- Strong organization, interpersonal communication, writing and leadership skills
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Strong desire to work with diverse student population
- Knowledge of computer applications is preferred
Remuneration and Benefits
Starting Salary: $13,894. Full time staff benefits assessed at 80% including medical insurance, retirement plan, life insurance, partial tuition waiver and partial meal plan, as well as University bookstore staff discount, and access to campus health and fitness facilities. Optional: Furnished apartment including cable, utilities, local phone service, and high speed internet available with additional on-site responsibilities for administrative support, student crisis and emergency situations as well as serving in the professional level on-call rotation.
How to Apply
This position is not yet open. When open - applications will need to be made to University Office of Human Resources.
For additional information EMAIL , Housing and Residence Life, West Hall, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40292. - or phone 502-852-6636.