Department Assistant for Residence Education - Housing
The Departmental Assistant for Residence Education (DARE) is a full- time position at 80% in the office of Housing and Residence Life. This position will be working with the Residential Education team with the administration, implementation and assessment of programming in the halls and throughout campus. This includes working with the building directors to hold RAs accountable for programming and community building, assessing the effectiveness of the department’s programming model and working on the execution of one multi-hall program a semester. This also includes managing the RA resource room, which includes, but is not limited to ensuring the Resource Room is a functional work area for all RAs to use, reporting on inventory on a monthly basis and researching additional resources for the department’s community building efforts.
This Departmental Assistant will also contribute to the leadership development of the Department’s student staff by working with the Assistant Director of Residential Education and instructors on the ECPY 355- Developing Campus Leadership Class.
The DARE should demonstrate competencies in the following areas: student development theory, student engagement training of housing staff, and trends from benchmarking institutions.
Supervisor: Assistant Director for Residence Education and an assigned Coordinator.
There will be weekend and evening responsibilities as needed. Must have completed Bachelor’s level education and have at least 1 year experience in housing or student affairs. This position is designed to allow staff members to actively pursue a graduate degree; therefore preference for continued employment will be given to individuals who are actively pursuing a degree.
General Qualifications and Criteria
- Prefer enrollment in a graduate program at UofL
- Abide by Code of Ethical Conduct and policies for operation in the Housing & Residence Life office
- Preferably enrolled in the College Student Personnel or Higher Education Program (if enrolled with another program, must be able to articulate how graduate assistantship will be meaningful and beneficial for both self-development and development of Housing & Residence Life program)
- Ability to hire, train, and supervise student staff
- Meet one-on-one with supervisor weekly
- Background in supervision, program planning, implementation and evaluation
- Strong organization, interpersonal communication, writing and leadership skills
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Strong desire to work with diverse student population
- Knowledge of computer applications is preferred
Remuneration and Benefits
Starting Salary: $13,894. Full time staff benefits assessed at 80% including medical insurance, retirement plan, life insurance, partial tuition waiver and partial meal plan, as well as University bookstore staff discount, and access to campus health and fitness facilities. Optional: Furnished apartment including cable, utilities, local phone service, and high speed internet available with additional on-site responsibilities for administrative support, student crisis and emergency situations as well as serving in the professional level on-call rotation.
How to Apply
This position is not yet open. When open - applications will need to be made to University Office of Human Resources.
For additional information EMAIL Christopher Potts
, Housing and Residence Life, West Hall, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40292. - or phone 502-852-6636.