Use of Campus Grounds
Any groups utilizing the lawns at the University of Louisville MUST obey these guidelines set forth by the Student Activities Office and the Grounds Maintenance Department. Failure to abide by these guidelines could result in the loss of privileges to utilize lawns on campus for future events. An event form must be completed in Student Activities prior to the event and approved by the Superintendent of Grounds at 502-852-8181.
- All events SHALL be pre-approved by the Student Activities Office.
- A full description of the event including host group, location, date, time and equipment/props/display MUST be submitted in writing to the Office of Student Affairs when a formal request to utilize a lawn is made.
- Lawn use may be restricted due to weather and/or ground conditions. Groups MUST have an alternate in the case of inclement weather.
- Barbeque grills, soda dispensers and beverage containers MUST be located on a paved surface.
- Trucks, automobiles, vans, ATVs, trailers or rental trucks will NOT be permitted on lawn areas.
- The location of all staked tents SHALL be approved by a member of the Grounds Maintenance Department. Once approved, the tent vendor MUST submit a “BUD” locate request to ensure all utilities are marked BEFORE tents can be erected.
- All tables, chairs, equipment, tents, trash and debris MUST be removed from the lawn area immediately following the event as agreed to by Student Activities and Grounds Maintenance.
- If it is essential to the event to allow one of these conditions herein, Student Activities and Grounds Maintenance MAY work with an individual event to grant special exceptions.
- Damage caused to the lawn and/or irrigation WILL be the financial responsibility of the group hosting the event. This includes:
a. Ruts, undulations or divots in the existing grade
b. Damaged irrigation heads, valves and or valve boxes
c. Dead areas of turf due to mistreatment or misuse
d. Turf loss due to failure to abide by any of the guidelines set forth within this document
The lawns on the campus of the University of Louisville are intended for use by students, faculty and staff. Countless hours and resources are spent maintaining these areas. These guidelines have been developed to keep the campus beautiful. Please help us in keeping these areas healthy, green and thriving!