Catering is defined as the service of providing food or refreshments for official business or social functions of the University or an affiliated organization.
University Premises is defined as any property owned, occupied, or under the control of the University of Louisville or an affiliated organization.
It is the responsibility of the University Unit or RSO to:
- Select and reserve the space of the location to be used, clearances, or services from University units (DPS, Physical Plant, Printing, Insurance & Risk Management, etc.).
- Select the Caterer; specify the menu, seating and serving protocol, date and time of service, and access to the premises by caterer and guests.
- Comply with all University or governmental regulations pertaining to the service of alcoholic beverages.
- Obtain prior issuance of the appropriate purchasing document to support the subsequent payments that will be required. Small, Standing, or Blanket Purchase Orders or Procurement Cards may be used with Food Service Firms which have established contracts with the University for on-campus services. Please be aware that the caterer is not responsible for obtaining tables and chairs. These should be obtained through Physical Plant and be correctly set up prior to the arrival of catered delivery. If there are any questions, please contact the Department of Purchasing (852-6247).
- Make the necessary arrangements to clean up the premises and return them to the originally received condition. The cost of any repairs which are necessitated by the conduct of the catered event shall be the responsibility of the unit. Purchase cards may also be used.
The University caterer is Sodexo/Flavours Catering and can be reached at 852-5211.
Note: Student organizations and university departments may or may not be required to use a specific caterer in some university facilities. Be sure to ask if there are restrictions as to what catering services can be used in your venue.