SGA Senate Appropriations Committee
The Appropriations Committee (AC) of the Student Senate hears requests made by RSO's. In order to be placed on the agenda, the proper forms must be filled out and returned to SGA by the meeting's deadline date. The forms are available in the SGA Office. The AC evaluates the request to ensure that it will best serve the needs of the student body, and then makes a recommendation to the Student Senate. Any group that is approved for funding by the AC must attend the following Senate meeting.
- CPC – Club Programming Committee (CPC) The Club
Programming Committee is a joint initiative coordinated by SGA and the Dean of
Students Office. SGA has made a major
financial contribution to support CPC. Other departments have also provided
funding (Dean of Students Office, Provost, Undergraduate Affairs, and
- The Project Fund is administered by the Student Senate through the AC. This fund is for new projects and cannot be used for administrative costs (supplies, computers, etc.) and/or social events (picnics, dances, etc).
- The Travel Fund is available to help defer the cost of attending academic competitions and conferences. The fund cannot be used for field trips, social outings, etc. The Travel Fund is money that the Student Senate has set aside to defer travel expenses for those students within organizations attending conferences, academic competitions, and non-varsity/non-intramural athletic competitions outside the metropolitan area.
In order to apply for these funds, your organization must:
- Be a recognized student organization in good standing, not on probation status.
- Complete the on line request form - see the individual form for criteria, requirements, and deadlines:
CPC Request Form
SGA Special Project Fund
SGA Student Travel Scholarship Fund
- Attach or provide appropriate paperwork as requested (registration forms, brochures, budgets etc.)
- Attend appropriate meetings as requested.
- Submit summary report following the event as requested.
If your request receives final Student Senate approval, you will receive an email from SGA notifying you of your authorization. Graduate students must apply for travel funds through the Graduate Student Council. No double dipping with several SGA funding sources will be allowed.