- RSO Information on Org Sync must be filled out by an RSO representative and kept up to date every time your officers change; especially during the summer! This form mainly lists contact, officer and advisor names, phone numbers, and addresses. This is the only way the Student Organization Board has of getting in touch with you in an emergency and over the summer.
- A representative from your RSO must attend a mandatory RSO Information Meeting, held within the first 30 days of the fall and/or spring semesters. Failure to attend or complete and return the RSO Information Sheet will result in a status penalty. Notice of the meeting will be posted on Org Sync, RSO mailboxes, the RSO Listserv and in the SGA weekly e-mail.
- If RSOs want to serve or allow guests to consume alcohol at sponsored events, the RSO and advisor must follow the Alcohol Guidelines and submit the necessary forms to the Office of Student Activities, W310, Student Activities Center. For more information, please call 852-0317.
- Any changes to the RSO's governing documents must be screened by the Student Organization Board and approved by the Student Senate in order for the RSO to retain its recognition and charter. Copies of a model constitution are available in this manual and in the SGA office, W310 in the SAC.
- Your RSO is entitled to a mailbox in the SGA office. Announcements from SGA will be placed in the mailboxes and also listed in Org Sync and the RSO Listserv.
- Other entitlements may include, but are not limited to: petitioning SGA for funding, reserving facilities administered by the SAC, and conference and work space in other facilities on the UofL campus.
- The levels of RSO status are Good Standing, Probation, and Suspension (for a year). The Student Organization Board (SOB) will inform RSOs of their status through E-mail and the RSO mailboxes.