Guidelines for Posting in the SAC
Postings on the display board MUST have the Student Activities Department Seal of Approval on the document. The seal authorizes the posting to remain for a maximum of two weeks. If you would like to post something on the board, submit your material to the Student Activities Office in Suite W301 of the SAC. If approved, the posting will be placed on the board as soon as possible. All unapproved items posted on the board will be removed and destroyed. This policy is effective August 20, 2004.
All information posted on bulletin boards in the Swain Student Activities Center and the Red Barn must be approved by the Student Activities Department and must display the approval seal of the office. All postings will have a date stamp indicating the date the posting is to be removed. Any unauthorized postings will be removed from the bulletin board and destroyed.
Posters, Handbills and Notices: Non-commercial announcements may be posted on behalf of the Department or RSO on bulletin boards and kiosks. Under no circumstances are announcements to be posted on any glass surface, door, wall or any non-approved location. Announcements shall indicate the name of the Department or RSO on whose behalf the announcement is posted and should also include the date posted. It shall be the responsibility of the Department or RSO to remove all such announcements within ten days following the program, event, or election to which the announcements are related.
- No poster, handbill or any other form of announcement may be posted in such a manner as to cause damage (i.e. glue). No announcement may be written or painted upon any building, sidewalk, or other natural feature.
- No chalking is allowed inside the Student Activities Center or Red Barn buildings.
- Members of the student body, faculty, and/or staff of the University may distribute, on behalf of the Department or RSO free-of-charge, non-commercial announcements, statements, or materials at any reasonable outdoor areas. Such distribution shall be consistent with the orderly conduct of University affairs, the maintenance of University property, and the free flow of traffic and persons. Efforts must be made to avoid litter. Distribution by means of accosting individuals or by hawking or shouting is prohibited. Announcements or statements shall indicate the name of the Department or RSO on whose behalf the distribution is made.
- Banners: Interested Recognized Student Organizations can reserve banner space (SAC ramp, above escalators, etc.) through the Student Activities Department. Banners must conform to the size and materials set up by the Student Activities Department.
- The Student Activities office reserves the right to ask Physical Plant to remove any posters or announcements on unapproved surfaces and bill the Department or RSO for the time and labor charged by Physical Plant. Furthermore, the University reserves the right to remove any posters or announcements that are not deemed appropriate.