The Cardinal Leadership Certificate is intentional in merging theory, concept, and practice. To this end, the seminars focus on developing students using the Relational Leadership Model (RLM). this most appropriately merges the need for individual student development and growth in a culture of collaboration between student groups, departments and other entities in the institution. For the purposes of this program, the operational definition of leadership is "a relational and ethical process of people together attempting to accomplish positive change" (Komives, 2006).
Seminars teach students to be:
i2a - Elements of Thought
- All reasoning has a purpose.
- All reasoning is an attempt to figure something out, to settle some question, to solve some problem.
- All reasoning is based on assumptions.
- All reasoning is done from some point of view.
- All reasoning is based on data, information, and evidence.
- All reasoning is expressed through, and shaped by, concepts and ideas.
- All reasoning contains inferences or interpretations by which we draw conclusions and give meaning to data.
- All reasoning leads somewhere or has implications and consequences.