PTO (Police Training Officer)Train the Trainer Course
80 hour Training Course / 8.0 CEUs / Tuition: $1195.00 / KLEC Approved
This training has been approved by the Kentucky Law Enforcement Council (KLEC). Participants will learn principles of problem-based learning and how to apply them in the police training environment in order to instruct/train others to become competent and successful Police Training Officers (PTO’s). Upon completion, the participant will have an in-depth understanding of the principles necessary to increase a learner’s ability to succeed as a Police Training Officer in the field. They shall be introduced to all aspects of the PTO model of post-academy training. They should have a thorough understanding of how each component of the program is interconnected and how this interconnectivity facilitates good police practice and community support.
Topics covered include:
- The role of rubrics in the learning and evaluation process
- The application of Bloom’s Taxonomy to the development of objectives and rubrics
- The role of emotional intelligence in the learning environment
- The facilitation of a self-directed learning environment
- To produce graduates who are able to effectively develop and utilize rubrics and apply these principles to the learning and evaluation process
- To apply Bloom’s Taxonomy and develop objectives and rubrics and increase the level of learning for their students
- To understand how emotional intelligence plays a role in the learning environment and how they, as an instructor, can impact this in a positive manner for their students
- To develop the ability as an instructor to facilitate a self-directed learning environment for their students
Upcoming Training and Lodging
If this course is not currently scheduled, it can be brought to your region by a co-hosting agency or through a contract. Contact Barry Madden for more details: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit the Register for Courses link in the toolbar or by clicking here.