PTO (Police Training Officer) Implementation Course
16-hour Training Course / 1.5 CEUs / Tuition: $400.00
This course will prepare those who are tasked with implementing and managing a Police Training Officer (PTO) Program to increase their opportunities for success and sustainability of the program. It will introduce the participant to potential supports and barriers to implementation and management of PTO as well as offering examples of how others have been successful in their implementation efforts.
A prerequisite for registering for this course is a basic understanding of the PTO training model and the components of the PTO program.
Topics covered include:
- Managing the change process
- Developing support from key personnel inside and outside your agency
- How to market your program prior to implementation
- How to select PTO candidates
- Selection and training of the Board of Evaluators
- How to maintain a high quality level
- Supervision of the PTO program
- Document review and management
- To provide police agencies and administrators with an overview of the Police Training Officer program
- To provide police agencies and administrators with information in order to implement the Police Training Officer program in their respective agencies
- To provide police agencies and administrators who have implemented the Police Training Officer program an opportunity to discuss training issues that are specific to their agencies
- To allow police agencies and administrators an opportunity to offer suggestions and recommendations in order to provide an on-going evaluation of the Police Training Officer program
Upcoming Training and Lodging
If this course is not currently scheduled, it can be brought to your region by a co-hosting agency or through a contract. Contact Barry Madden for more details: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit the Register for Courses link in the toolbar or by clicking here.
What Our Graduates Are Saying:
"This course was well organized and on topic. It was beneficial in teaching me how to overcome some of the obstacles for implementing the PTO program."
"The class was worthwhile and the instructors were very knowledgeable and well prepared."
"This class was very informative and expanded on the 40 hour PTO class."
"This course is informative and prepared me to be able to return to my agency and implement a PTO program."
"Came into the class looking to find out about the PTO program and report back to my command about its viability. The course was a success in that regard. I left with a general understanding of the program and feel like I can give a competent explanation of it to my agency admin."