Managing Within Your Budget - Financially & Operationally
40 Hour Training Course / 4.0 CEUs / Tuition: $695.00 / KLEC Approved
This course introduces two major areas that contribute substantially to managerial success: 1) understanding budgets and financial performance and 2) achieving value for money with a budget linked to operational performance. This course is designed to provide participants with an understanding of how organizations can evaluate the achievement of their goals, identify their successes and problems, and respond effectively to them while simultaneously meeting community expectations.
This course will facilitate and foster an understanding of an agency’s performance as perceived by its managers, community, elected officials and the media. Training will address resource expenditure and evaluate it to ensure that community needs are being met.
Strategic management of funds and controlling expenditures is required to assure the work force is not dissatisfied, short of equipment, improperly developed, or poorly paid. The absence of operational standards and lack of a careful system of operational review is often reflected in wasted manpower and inefficiency. Achieving best value within the budget is critical to maintaining staffing levels. Each participant will be able to assess their patrol staffing requirements (85% of budget) according to a formula that will meet external scrutiny.
The strategies presented during this training support a system of financial and operational accountability for all of a law enforcement organization’s managers. All participants will leave with an outline model for a performance management system for their agency. Training is participative and interactive, engaging students through carefully designed individual and group practical exercises focused on reinforcing learning.
Managing Within Your Budget is one of the four courses required to complete the optional Organizational Management Certificate Program.
Course Topics and Areas of Study:
- Understanding budgets and financial performance
- Understanding law enforcement trends, budgeting, funding resources, and costing services
- Understanding the fundamentals of financial projections, financial reporting, performance measures, and operational budget management skills
- Achieving value with a budget linked to operational performance
- Understanding how organizations can evaluate the achievement of their goals
- Identifying and responding to successes and problems
- Understanding and measuring operational performance
- Evaluating resource expenditure to ensure community needs are met
- Staffing your law enforcement agency (with practical exercise)
- Designing performance measures (with practical exercise)
Who Should Attend:
Executive, Senior & Middle Management Level Personnel and officers seeking upper-level management positions.
Upcoming Training and Lodging:
If this course is not currently scheduled, it can be brought to your region by a co-hosting agency or through a contract. Contact Theresa Newton for more details: email@example.com
Please visit the Register for Courses link in the toolbar or by clicking here.