SPHIS Home » Mission
We advance knowledge for the public’s health in the increasingly complex and interconnected world of the 21st century. We accomplish this through activities in the three cornerstone areas for advancing knowledge:
- Research. We create knowledge by seeking new discoveries and understanding through scientific exploration. We communicate our findings.
- Teaching. We share knowledge with students committed to and prepared for learning in a facilitated environment. Our learners are our students, our faculty, and our staff. We commit to preparing our learners for success.
- Service. We apply knowledge through quality services to the communities of which we are a part – the University, Louisville Metro, Kentucky, the United States, and their respective environs.
In fulfilling our mission:
- We nurture an academic setting that fosters ethics, respect, diversity, cooperation, learning, and fun.
- We strive to improve our approach and performance through a program of active feedback and deliberate change.
- We embrace innovative ideas for advancing knowledge.
- We investigate new techniques and technologies for doing research, teaching, and service.
- We think globally and act locally.
- We collaborate with any who will join us in working for the public’s health.
- We recognize that public health starts with the individual.
- We advocate for the public’s health.