Vendor Application

Applications will be accepted and reviewed on an ongoing basis. Please email to request application materials.

Applications are considered complete when accompanied by (1) Completed application form; (2) Copies of required licenses and certifications; and (3) Signature page from the Gray Street Farmers Market Rules.

Applications will be reviewed by the Gray Street Farmers Market Committee. Submission of an application does not guarantee participation in the Gray Street Farmers Market.

Return your completed application to:
Sara Frazier, Market Manager
School of Public Health and Information Sciences
University of Louisville
485 E. Gray St., Louisville, KY 40202
502-852-6655 (office) 502-852-3291 (fax)

What licenses and certifications are required?

Determining which permits/licenses are applicable is dependent on what the individual producer is going to sell. Information about permits along with staff contact information is available on the Kentucky Department of Agriculture's website and the Kentucky Farmers' Market Manual

There is also information on serving samples, becoming a home-based processor, and preparing ready to eat meals. Here are a few additional highlights:

- Fruits and vegetables (whole, fresh, uncut): With the exception of sprouts, whole, fresh uncut fruits and vegetables may be marketed without the vendor having to obtain a permit or pay any fees. Vendors marketing these items exclusively are not routinely inspected, but may be investigated upon complaint under the Kentucky Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act.

- Eggs: If you sell more than 60 dozen eggs, then you must purchase a retail license.

- Meat: Licensing depends on the type and amount of meat produced/sold.

- Honey: If a beekeeper sells more than 150 gallons or more of honey per year, it must be processed in an inspected and permitted food processing facility. 

Stay connected TwitterFacebookLinkedInYouTubeInstagram