Shesh N. Rai, PhD
I am a Professor of Bioinformatics and Biostatistics, and the Director of the Biostatistics Shared Facility at the James Graham Brown Cancer Center at the University of Louisville. I started my career in India as an Assistant Professor in 1982. Then I moved to Canada and obtained my PhD in 1993 from the University of Waterloo. As of 2013, I have spent 13 years designing numerous pre-clinical, cancer and heart failure clinical trials, and retrospective and prospective clinical studies, including high throughput observations. As a past member of the Institutional Review Board of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, St. Jude Safety Board and current member of Cancer Clinical Research Committee and Data and Safety Monitoring Committee of the James Graham Brown Cancer Center, University of Louisville, I have learned and always implement the safety issues in local and industry-sponsored clinical studies. I have served in NIH review panels as well as on projects for the national academy of sciences and the National research council and Cistel technology in Canada. I serve as statistical reviewer for many national and international scientific journals, including editorial board member in three journals. With my 140+ manuscripts, I have advanced statistical science or collaborative research dealing with pre-clinical data, longitudinal data, clinical trials, clinical informatics, retrospective studies, and survey studies.
Thoroughly experienced in designing (SAMPLE SIZE) and analyzing retrospective/prospective studies in CANCER and other CLINICAL and BASIC SCIENCE researches and BEHAVIORAL INTERVENTIONS; pursue developing statistical methods with real applications in heterogeneity in CLINICAL STUDIES, threshold DOSE-RESPONSE models, SURVIVAL ANALYSIS with incomplete and correlated data, efficient estimation in MIXED effects (REPEATED measure) models, robust estimation in high-dimension data (BIOINFORMATICS), effects of SAMPLING weights in log-linear models, and characterization and estimation of POPULATION RISK.
Publications: Journal Articles
1. Sharma DD and Rai SN. Effect of Temperature and Relative Humidity on the Development and Survival of Various Stages of Acrocorcops Oramerella. Sn. Journal of Current Biosciences, 31:101-103, 1984.
2. Sisodia BVS and Rai SN. On Estimation Procedures of Variance Subsequent to Preliminary Test of Significance. Microelectron Reliability, 31:1101-1104, 1991.
3. Rai SN and Matthews, D.E. Improving the EM Algorithm. Biometrics, 49:587-591, 1993.
4. Rai SN, Abraham B and Peiris S. Analysis of Short Time Series with an Over-Dispersion Model. Communications in Statistics - Theory and Methods, 24:335-348, 1995.
5. Rai SN and Matthews DE. Analysis of Incomplete Data Using Stochastic Covariates. The Canadian Journal of Statistics, 23:29-42, 1995.
6. Bartlett S, Richardson GM, Krewski D, Rai SN and Fyfe, M. Commentary: Characterizing Uncertainty in Risk Assessment – Conclusions Drawn from a Workshop. Human and Ecological Risk Assessment, 2:217-227, 1996.
7. Rai SN, Krewski D and Bartlett S. A General Framework for the Analysis of Uncertainty and Variability in Risk Assessment. Human and Ecological Risk Assessment, 2:972-989, 1996.
8. Rai SN and Matthews DE. Discrete Scale Models for Survival/Sacrifice Experiments. Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series C, 46:93-109, 1997.
9. Rai SN. On semi-Parametric Models in Occult Tumour Experiments. Biometrical Journal, 39:909-918, 1997.
10. Rai SN and Krewski, D. Uncertainty and Variability Analysis in Multiplicative Risk Models. Risk Analysis, 18:37-45, 1998.
11. Rai SN, Zielinski JM and Krewski D. Uncertainties in Estimates of Radon Lung Cancer Risks. Proceedings of Statistics Canada Symposium 99: Combining Data from Different Sources, pages 99-107, 1999.
12. Krewski D, Rai SN, Zielinski J and Hopke PK. Characterization of Uncertainty and Variability Characterization in Residential Radon Cancer Risks. The Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, 895:245-272, 1999.
13. Kovacevic MS and Rai SN. A Pseudo Maximum Likelihood Approach To Inference on Hierarchically Structured Data. Proceedings of Joints Statistical Meetings 1999, Section of Survey Research Methods, pages 605-610, 1999.
14. Benlarbi S, Emam KEl, Goel N and Rai SN. Thresholds for Object-Oriented Measures. Proceedings of the International Symposium on Software Reliability Engineering, pages 24-37, 2000.
15. Rai SN, Matthews DE and Krewski D. Mixed Scale Models for Survival/Sacrifice Experiments. The Canadian Journal of Statistics, 28: 65-80, 2000.
16. Emam KEl, Benlarbi S, Goel N and Rai SN. Comparing Case-Based Reasoning Classifiers for Predicting High Risk Software Components. The Journal of Systems and Software, 55: 301-320, 2000.
17. Emam KEl, Benlarbi S, Goel N and Rai SN. The confounding effect of class size on the validity of object-oriented metrics. IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, 27(7): 630-650, 2001.
18. Sun J and Rai SN. Non-parametric Tests for the Comparison of Point Processes Based on Incomplete Data. Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, 28: 725-732, 2001.
19. Rai SN., Kovacevic, M.S. and Srivastava, D.K. Estimation in Hierarchical Linear Models using Pseudo Maximum Likelihood Method Far East Journal of Theoretical Statistics, 5(2): 205-221, 2001.
20. Emam KEl, Benlarbi S, Goel N, Melo W, Lounis H and Rai SN. The optimal class-size for object-oriented software. IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, 28(5):494-509, 2002.
21. Rai SN, Bartlett S, Krewski D and Peterson J. The Use of Probabilistic Risk Assessment in Establishing Drinking Water Quality Objectives. Human and Ecological Risk Assessment, 8: 493-509, 2002.
22. Phipps S, Dunavant M, Garvie P, Lensing S and Rai SN. Acute Health-Related Quality of Life in Children Undergoing Stem Cell Transplant: I. Descriptive Outcomes. Bone Marrow Transplant, 29(5):425-434, 2002.
23. Sun J, Zhao Q and Rai SN. A Nonparametric Comparison of Tumour Incidences with Intermediate Lethality and Different Death Rates. In: Recent Advances in Statistical Methods, (Ed.) Y. P. Chaubey, World Scientific Publishing, London, 296-303, 2002.
24. Phipps S, Dunavant M, Lensing S and Rai SN. Acute Health-Related Quality of Life in Children Undergoing Stem Cell Transplant: II. Medical and Demographic Determinants. Bone Marrow Transplant, 29(5):434-442, 2002.
25. Kovacevic MS and Rai SN. Log-Linear Modeling of Change Using Longitudinal Survey Data. Communications in Statistics – Theory and Methods. 31(10):1815-1835, 2002.
26. Rai SN, Sun J and Hunt D. Analysis of Occult Tumour Trial Data with Varying Lethality. In: Recent Advances in Statistical Methods, (Ed.) Y. P. Chaubey, World Scientific Publishing, London, 233-251, 2002.
27. Kovacevic MS and Rai SN. A Pseudo Maximum Likelihood Approach to Multilevel Modelling of Survey Data. Communications in Statistics – Theory and Methods. 32(1):103-121, 2003.
28. Lusting RL, Hinds PS, Smith HK, Christensen RK, Kaste SC, Schreiber RE, Rai SN, Lensing SY, Wu S and Xiong X. Octreotide therapy of pediatric hypothalamic obesity: A double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, 88(6):2586-2592, 2003.
29. Hunt D. and Rai SN. A Threshold Dose-Response Model with Random Effects in Teratological Experiments. Communications in Statistics – Theory and Methods, 32:1439-1457, 2003.
30. Tyc VL, Rai SN, Lensing S, Klosky J, Stewart DB and Gattuso J. An Intervention to Reduce Intensions to Use Tobacco among Pediatric Cancer Survivors. Journal of Clinical Oncology, 21(7):1366-1372, 2003.
31. Pui C, Cheng C, Leung W, Rai SN, Rivera GK, Sandlund JT, Ribeiro RC, Relling MV, Kun LE, Evans WE and Hudson MM. Extended Follow-up of Long-term Survivors of Childhood Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. The New England Journal of Medicine, 349:640-649, 2003.
32. Gow KW, Lensing S, Hill DA, Krasin MJ, McCarville MB, Rai SN, Zacher M, Spunt SL, Shearer P, Strickland DK, Pratt CB and Hudson MM. Thyroid Carcinoma Presenting in Childhood or After Treatment of Childhood Malignancies: An Institutional Experience and Review of the Literature. Journal of Pediatric Surgery, 38(11):1574–80, 2003.
33. Hinds PS, Gattuso JS, Fletcher A, Baker E, Coleman B, Jackson T, Jacobs-Levine A, June D, Rai SN, Lensing S and Pui CH. Quality of Life as Conveyed by Pediatric Patients with Cancer. Quality of Life Research, 13(4): 761-772, 2004.
34. Castellino S, Lensing S, Riely C, Rai SN, Davila R, Hayeden RT, Fleckenstein J, Levstik M, Taylor S, Dean PJ, Kippenbrock S, Pope J, Carr J, Strickland DK and Hudson MM. The Epidemiology of Chronic Hepatitis C Infection in Survivors of Childhood Cancer – An Update of the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital Hepatitis C Seropositive Cohort. Blood, 103(7): 2460 -2466, 2004.
35. Paul SR, Jiang X, Rai SN and Balasooriya U. Test of treatment effect in pre-drug and post-drug count data with zero-inflation. Statistics in Medicine, 23(10):1541-1554, 2004.
36. Tyc VL, Hadley W, Allen D, Varnell S, Ey S, Rai SN and Lensing S. Predictors of Smoking Intentions and Smoking Status among Non-Smoking and Smoking Adolescents. Addictive Behaviors, 29(6):1143-1147, 2004.
37. Tyc VL, Klosky J, Throckmorton-Belzer L, Lensing S, and Rai SN. Parent-Reported Environmental Tobacco Smoke Exposure among Preadolescents and Adolescents Treated for Cancer. Psycho-Oncology. 13(8):537-46, 2004.
38. Phipps S, Dunavant M, Lensing S and Rai SN. Patterns of Distress in Parents of Children Undergoing Stem Cell Transplant. Pediatric Blood & Cancer. 43(3):267-74, 2004.
39. Tyc VL, Throckmorton-Belzer L, Klosky J, Lensing S, Rai SN and Hudson MM. Smoking among parents of pediatric cancer patients and children's exposure to environmental tobacco smoke. Journal of Child Health Care. 8(4):288-300, 2004.
40. Hudson MM, Krasin M, Link MP, Donaldson SS, Billups C, Merchant T, Kun L, Billet AL, Kaste S, Tarbell NJ, Howard S, Friedmann AM, Hurwitz CA, Young JA, Marcus KC, Rai SN, Cowan T and Weinstein HJ. Risk-adapted Combined Modality Therapy with VAMP/COP and Response-based, Involved-field Radiation for Unfavorable Pediatric Hodgkin’s disease. Journal of Clinical Oncology. 22(22): 4541-4550, 2004.
41. Rai SN, Lensing S, Boyett J and Phipps S. On the Analysis of Messy Longitudinal Data from a Study of Pediatric Cancer Patients. Proceedings of Joints Statistical Meetings 2004, Toronto, Biometrics Section, pages 427-433, 2004.
42. Tyc VL, Lensing S, Klosky JL, Rai SN and Robinson L. A Comparison of Tobacco-Related Risk Factors between Adolescents with and without Cancer. Journal of Pediatric Psychology, 30(4):359-370, 2005.
43. Cox CL, Lensing S, Rai SN, Burghen L, Hinds P, Pui CH. Proxy-assessed Health Utilities in Pediatric Clinical Trials. Quality of Life Research. 14(4): 1045 – 1056, 2005.
44. Cox CL, Rai SN McLaughlin R, Steen B and Hudson M. Adolescent Survivors: A Secondary Analysis of a Clinical Trial Targeting Behavior Change. Pediatric Blood & Cancer. 45 (2):144 -154, 2005.
45. Hinds PS, Gattuso JS, Fletcher A, Baker E, Coleman B, Jackson T, Jacobs-Levine A, June D, Rai S, Lensing S, Pui CH. Quality of life: The child's voice. SOCRA. 46, 18-22, 2005.
46. Hunt, D. and Rai, SN. Testing Threshold and Hormesis in a Random Effects Dose-Response Model Applied to Developmental Toxicity Data. Biometrical Journal. 47(3):319-328, 2005.
47. Hunt D and Rai SN. A New Threshold Dose-Response Model including Random Effects for Data from Developmental Toxicity Studies. Journal of Applied Toxicology. 25(5):435-439, 2005.
48. Phipps S, Long A, Hudson MM and Rai SN. Symptoms of Post-traumatic Stress in Children with Cancer and Their Parents: Effects of Informant and Time from Diagnosis. Pediatric Blood & Cancer, 45(7):952-959, 2005.
49. Phipps S, Dunavant M, Lensing S and Rai SN. Psychosocial Predictors of Distress in Parents of Children Undergoing Stem Cell Transplantation. Journal of Pediatric Psychology, 30(2):139-153, 2005.
50. Krasin MJ, Rai SN, Kun LE, Merchant TE, Metzger ML, Kaste SC, Howard SC and Hudson MM. Patterns of Treatment Failure in Pediatric and Young Adult Patients with Hodgkin’s Disease: Local Disease Control with Combined Modality Therapy. Journal of Clinical Oncology, 23(33):8406-8413, 2005.
51. Phipps S, Dunavant M, Gray E and Rai SN. Massage Therapy in Children Undergoing Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant: Results of a pilot trial. Journal of Cancer Integrative Medicine. 3(1):62-70, 2005.
52. Tyc VL, Lensing S, Rai SN, Klosky J, Stewart DB and Gattuso J. Predicting Perceived Vulnerability to Tobacco-Related Health Risks and Future Intentions to Use Tobacco Among Pediatric Cancer Survivors. Patient Education and Counseling, 62(2):198-204, 2006.
53. Phipps S, Larson S, Long A and Rai SN. Adaptive Style and Symptoms of Post-traumatic Stress in Children with Cancer and Their Parents, Journal of Pediatric Psychology, 31(3): 298-309, 2006.
54. Kaste S, Rai SN, Fleming K, McCammon E, Tylavsky F, Danish R, Sitter C, Pui C and Hudson M. Factors Predictive of Bone Mineral Change in Survivors of Childhood Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. Pediatric Blood & Cancer, 46(1):77-87, 2006.
55. Hinds P and Rai SN. To the Commentary by Furlong & Barr on Cox CL, Lensing S, Rai SN, et al. “Proxy assessment of quality of life in pediatric trials: Application of the Health Utilities Index 3”. Quality of Life Research. 15(7):1295-1296, 2006.
56. Khan RB, Gutin PH, Rai SN, Zhang L, Krol G, DeAngelis LM. Diffusion Postoperative Neurologic Deficits and Incomplete Recovery in Brain Tumor Patients. Neurosurgery, 59(1), 60-66, 2006.
57. Crom DB, Tyc VL, Rai SN, Deng X, Hudson MM, Booth A, Rodrigues LN, Zhang L, McCammon E and Kaste SC. Retention of Survivors of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia in a Longitudinal Study of Bone Mineral Density. Journal of Child Health Care, 10(4), 337-350, 2006.
58. Marchese VG, Spearing E, Callaway L, Rai SN, Hinds PS, Zhang L, Hinds PS, Carlson CA, Neel MD, Rao BN, Ginsberg J. Relationships among Range of Motion, Functional Mobility and Quality of Life in Children and Adolescent after Limb-sparing Surgery for Lower-extremity Sarcoma. Pediatric Physical Therapy, 18 (4), 238-244, 2006.
59. Marchese VG, Rai SN, Carlson CA, Hinds PS, Spearing E, Zhang L, Callaway L, Neel MD, Rao BN, Ginsberg JP. Assessing Functional Mobility in Survivors of Lower Extremity Sarcoma: Reliability and Validity of a New Tool. Pediatric Blood and Cancer, 49(2):183-189, 2007.
60. Karimova JE, Rai SN, Howard, SC, Neel MD Britton L and Kaste SC. Outcomes of femoral head osteonecrosis in 80 pediatric and young adult patients with leukemia or lymphoma. Journal of Clinical Oncology, 25(12): 1525-1531, 2007.
61. Hinds PS, Hockenberry M, Rai SN, Zhang L, Razzouk B, McCarthy K, Cremer L and Rodríguez-Galindo C. Nocturnal Awakenings, Sleep Environment Interruptions, and Fatigue in Hospitalized Children with Cancer. Oncology Nursing Forum, 34(2): 393-402, 2007.
62. Garvie PA, Lensing S and Rai SN. Efficacy of a Pill Swallowing Training Intervention in Treating Pediatric HIV/AIDS. Pediatrics, 119(4): 893-899, 2007.
63. Donaldson SS, Link MP, Weinstein HJ, Brain S, Rai SN, Billett AL, Hurwitz CA, Krasin M, Kun LE, Marcus KC, Tarbell NJ, Young JA, and Hudson MM. End Results of a Prospective Clinical Trial with VAMP and Low-Dose Involved Field Radiation for Children with low risk Hodgkin’s disease. Journal of Clinical Oncology, 25(3), 332-337, 2007.
64. Hoffer FA, Hancock ML, Hinds, PS, Oigbokie N, Rai SN, and Rao B. Pleurodesis for Effusions in Pediatric Oncology Patients at End of Life. Pediatric Radiology, 37(3), 269-273, 2007.
65. Srivastava DK, Boyett, JM, Jackson, JW, Tong X, and Rai SN. A Comparison of Permutation Hotelling’s T2 Test and Log-Ratio Test for Analyzing Compositional. Data. Communications in Statistics – Theory and Methods, 36: 415-431, 2007.
66. Srivastava DK, Rai SN and Pan J. Robustness of Odds-ratio in a Stratified Group Sequential Trial with Binary Outcome Measure. Biometrical Journal, 49(3): 351-364, 2007.
67. Hudson MM, Rai SN, Nunez C, Merchant TE, Marina N, Zalamea N, Cox C, Phipps S, Pompeu R and Rosenthal D. Non-Invasive Evaluation of Late Anthracycline Cardiac Toxicity in Childhood Cancer Survivors. Journal of Clinical Oncology, 25 (24): 3635-3643, 2007.
68. Hinds PS, Hockenberry M, Rai SN, Zhang L, Razzouk BI, Cremer L, McCarthy K, Rodriguez-Galindo C. Clinical Field Testing of an Enhanced-Activity Intervention in Hospitalized Children with Cancer. Journal of Pain and Symptom, 33(6): 686-697, 2007.
69. Ginsberg JP, Rai SN, Carlson CA, Meadows AT, Hinds PS, Spearing EM, Zhang L, Callaway L, Neel MD, Rao BN, Marchese VG,. Functional Outcomes: A Comparative Analysis of Adolescents and Young Adults with Lower-Extremity Sarcoma. Pediatric Blood and Cancer, 49(7):964-969, 2007.
70. Hinds PS, Rai, SN, Hockenberry M, Gattuso JS, McCarthy K, Tong X and Srivastava DK. Validity and reliability of a new instrument to measure cancer-related fatigue in adolescents. Journal of Pain and Symptom Management, 34(6):607-618, 2007.
71. Workman GM, Ribeiro RC, Pedrosa A, Rai SN, Workman DE, and Pedrosa F. Pediatric Cancer Knowledge: Assessment of knowledge of warning signs for pediatric cancer among Brazilian health care workers. Journal of Cancer Education, 22(3): 181-185, 2007.
72. Crom DB, Lensing SY, Rai S, Snider M, and Hudson MM. The Attainment of Life Goals by Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer. Journal of Clinical Oncology, 2007 ASCO Annual Meeting proceedings, 25 (18S) (June 20 Supplement), 9536, 2007.
73. Crom DB, Lensing SY, Rai SN, Snider MA, Cash DK and Hudson MM. The Attainment of Life Goals by Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer. Journal of Cancer Survivorship, 1:237-245, 2007.
74. Cox CL, Rai SN, Montgomery M, Rosenthal D, Phipps, S and Hudson M. Subclinical Late Cardiac Toxicity in Childhood Cancer Survivors: Impact on Quality of Life. Cancer, 112(8):1835-1844, 2008.
75. Marchese VG, Connolly BH, Able C, Booten AR, Bowen P, Porter BM, Rai SN, Hancock ML, Pui CH, Howard S, Neel MD, Kaste S. Relationship among severity of osteonecrosis, pain, range of motion, and functional mobility in children, adolescents, and young adults with acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Physical Therapy, 88(3):341-350, 2008.
76. Cox CL, Montgomery M, Rai SN, McLaughlin R, Steen B and Hudson M. Supporting Breast Self-Examination in Female Childhood Cancer Survivors: A Secondary Analysis of Behavioral Intervention. Oncology Nursing Forum, 35 (3):423-430, 2008.
77. Phipps S, Rai SN, Leung WH, Lensing S and Dunavant M. Cognitive and Academic Consequences of Stem-Cell Transplant in Children. Journal of Clinical Oncology, 26(12):2027-2033, 2008.
78. Metzger ML, Castellino SM, Hudson MM, Rai SN, Kaste SC Krasin MJ, Kun LE, Pui CH, Howard SC. Effect of Race on the Outcome of Pediatric Patients with Hodgkin Lymphoma. Journal of Clinical Oncology, 26(8):1282-1288, 2008.
80. Rai SN, Hudson MM, McCammon E, Carbone L, Tylavsky F, Smith K, Surprise H, Shelso J, Chin-Hon Pui, and Kaste S. Implementing an intervention to improve bone mineral density in survivors of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia: BONEII, a prospective placebo-controlled double-blind randomized interventional longitudinal study design. Contemporary Clinical Trials, 29(5):711-719, 2008.
81. Rai SN. Analysis of Occult Tumor Studies. In: Tan WY and Hanin L (Ed.), Handbook of Cancer Models with Applications. World Scientific Publishing Company, 2008.
82. Rai SN. Risk Characterization. In: Melnick EL and Everitt BS (Ed.), Encyclopedia of Quantitative Risk Analysis and Assessment. New York: John Wiley & Sons, 2008.
83. Rai SN. Uncertainty and Variability Characterization and Measures in Risk Assessment. In: Melnick EL and Everitt BS (Ed.), Encyclopedia of Quantitative Risk Analysis and Assessment. New York: John Wiley & Sons, 2008.
84. Rai SN and Sun J. Types of Censoring In Time to Event Data. In: Melnick EL and Everitt BS (Ed.), Encyclopedia of Quantitative Risk Analysis and Assessment. New York: John Wiley & Sons, 2008.
85. Rai SN and Sun J. Truncation in Time to Event Data. In: Melnick EL and Everitt BS (Ed.), Encyclopedia of Quantitative Risk Analysis and Assessment. New York: John Wiley & Sons, 2008.
86. Karimova EJ, Rai SN, Wu J, Britton L, Kaste SC and Neel MD. Femoral Resurfacing in Young Patients with Hematologic Cancer and Osteonecrosis. Clinical Othropaedics and Related Research, 466(12):3044-50, 2008.
87. Hunt DL, Rai SN and LI CS. Summary of Dose-Response Modeling for Developmental Toxicity Studies. Dose-Response: An International Journal, 6(4):352-68, 2008.
88. Cox CL, Rai SN, Rosenthal D, Phipps, S and Hudson MM. Subclinical Late Cardiotoxicity and Its Effects on Self-Reported Health for Survivors of Childhood Cancer. The American Journal of Hematology / Oncology, 7(11):1-12, 2008.
89. Kaste SC, Metzger ML, Minhas A, Xiong Z, Rai SN, Ness K, and Hudson MM. Pediatric Hodgkin Lymphoma Survivors at Negligible Risk for Significant Bone Mineral Deficits. Pediatric Blood and Cancer, 52(4):516-21, 2009.
90. Baker JN, Rai S, Liu W, Srivastava K, Kane JR, Zawistowski CA, Burghen EA, Gattuso JS, West N, Althoff J, Funk A and Hinds PS. Race Does Not Influence DNR Status or the Number or Timing of End-of-Life Care Discussions at a Pediatric Oncology Referral Center. Journal of Palliative Medicine, 12(1):71-76, 2009.
91. Munagala R, Dona MG, Rai SN, Jenson AB, Bala N, Ghim SJ and Gupta RC. Significance of Multiple HPV Infection in Cervical Cancer Patients and Its Impact on Treatment Response. International Journal of Oncology, 34:263-271, 2009.
92. Kaste SC, Thomas NA, Rai SN, Cheon K, McCammon E, Chesney R, Jones D, Pui CH, Hudson, MM. Asymptomatic Kidney Stones in Long-Term Survivors of Childhood Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. Leukemia, 23(1):104-108, 2009.
93. Pounds S and Rai SN. Assumption Adequacy Averaging as a Concept to Develop Robust Methods for Differential Gene Expression Analysis. Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, 53:1604-1612, 2009.
94. Singh S, Singh R, Singh UP, Rai SN, Novakovic KR, Chung LWK, Didier PJ, Grizzle WE, and Lillard JW. Clinical and Biological Significance of CXCR5 Expressed by Prostate Cancer Specimens and Cell Lines. International Journal of Cancer, 125:2288-2295, 2009.
95. Singh S, Singh R, Sharma PK, Singh UP, Rai SN, Chung LWK, Cooper CR, Novakovic KR, and Lillard JW. Serum CXCL13 Positively Correlates with Prostate Disease, Prostate-Specific Antigen and Mediates Prostate Cancer Cell Invasion, Integrin Clustering and Cell Adhesion. Cancer Letters, 283:29-35, 2009.
96. Tyc VL, Klosky JL, Lensing S, Throckmorton-Belzer, L and Rai SN. A Comparison of Tobacco-Related Risk Factors Between Preadolescents With and Without Cancer. Journal of Cancer Survivorship, 3(4):251-259, 2009.
97. Helm CW, Richard SD, Pan J, Bartlett D, Goodman MD, Hoefer R, Lentz SS, Levine EA, Loggie BW, Metzinger DS, Miller B, Parker LP, Spellman JE, Sugarbaker PH, Edwards RP and Rai SN. Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy in Ovarian Cancer: First Report of the HYPERO Registry. International Journal of Gynecologic Cancer, 20:61-69, 2010.
98. Barnes CN and Rai SN. Modeling Heterogeneity in Phase II Clinical Trials. American Journal of Biostatistics. 1:9-16, 2010.
99. Munagala R, Rai SN, Ganesharajah S, Bala N, and Gupta RC. Clinico-pathological but not Socio-demographic Factors Affect the Prognosis in Cervical Carcinoma. Current Oncology Reports, 24:511-520, 2010.
100. Barnes CN and Rai SN. The effects of heterogeneity on Simon Phase II clinical trial design operating characteristics. Open Access Journal of Clinical Trials. May, 2010.
101. Dragun AE, Pan J, Jain D, Kruse B and Rai SN. Locoregional Recurrence in Patients with Triple-Negative Breast Cancer: The Impact of Radiotherapy. American Journal of Clinical Oncology, 2010.
102. Barnes CN and Rai SN. An exact method for link parameter estimation in error benchmarking. Statistical Methods in Medical Research, Accepted, 2010.
103. Baker JN, Kane JR, Rai S, Howard SC, PCS Research Working group, Hinds PS. Changes in Medical Care at a Pediatric Oncology Referral Center after Placement of a “Do Not Resuscitate” Order. Journal of Palliative Medicine, Accepted, 2010.
104. Olberding KE, Wang X, Pan J, Rai SN and Li C. Actinomycin D Synergistically Enhances the Effect of the BH3 Mimetic: ABT-737 by Down-Regulating Mcl-1 Expression. Cancer Biology & Therapy, 10:nn-nn, 2010.
105. Kanaan Z, Shannon K, Abby M, Dajani D, Hicks N and Rai S, Galandiuk S. The Value of Lesser Impact Factor Journals as Source of Negative and Inconclusive Reporting. Annals of Surgery. Accepted 2010.
106. Panchapakesan B, Caprara R, Velasco V, Loomis J, King B, Xu P, Burkhead T, Sethu P, Stallons LJ, McGregor WG, Rai SN, Kloecker G, and Wickstrom E. Micro-and nanotechnology approaches for capturing circulating tumor cells. Cancer Nanotechnology, Accepted 2010.
107. Karimova JE, Rai SN, Britton L, Neel MD and Kaste SC. Part 1: MR Imaging of Knee Osteonecrosis in Children with Leukemia and Lymphoma: Observer Agreement. American Journal of Roentgenology, 186(2):470-6, 2006.
108. Karimova JE, Rai SN, Britton L, Neel MD and Kaste SC. Part 2: Clinical and MR Imaging Patterns of Knee Osteonecrosis in Pediatric Patients with Hematological Malignancies American Journal of Roentgenology, 186(2):477-82, 2006.