Seongho Kim, PhD
|Bioinformatics and Biostatistics
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Biostatistics. 2008. Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN, USA.
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Bioinformatics. 2006. Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA, USA.
- Ph.D. Visiting Student in Information Sciences. 2004. University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA.
- Ph.D. in Applied Statistics. 2005. KAIST, Daejeon, Korea.
- Assistant Professor (2009-present), Department of Bioinformatics and Biostatistics, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY, USA.
- Adjunct Assistant Professor (2009-2013), Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN, USA.
- Editorial Board Member, Biohelikon: Computational Biology (2012-present)
- Advisory Board Member, Health Informatics and Medical Research (2012-present)
- Research Associate in Biostatistics. 2009. Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN, USA.
I am an applied statistician, focusing on missing data analysis, time-series (longitudinal) data analysis, diagnosis, machine learning, and computational/systems biology, particularly using graphical models, ordinary differential kinetic model, EM-type and MCMC algorithms. My research interests lie in the development of novel statistical methods and models for biological and clinical data, and I have participated in various research projects, including speech pattern recognitions, decision support systems, comparative genomics/bioinformatics, and pharmacokinetics. Currently, I am developing statistical methodologies on four topics: Metabolomics, Pharmacokinetics, Cancer Screening, and Graphical Models.
- PHBI751: High through-put data analysis (Spring 2012; Spring 2010; With Dr. Datta)
- PHBI750: Statistical Methods for Bioinformatics (Fall 2012; Fall 2011; Fall 2010; Fall 2009)
- PHST691: Bayesian Inference (Spring 2011)
- PHST662: Mathematical Statistics (Spring 2012)
- PHST620: Introduction to Statistical Computing (Fall 2012)
- PHST602: Biostatistics Seminar Series (Spring 2010)
- Indiana University Nominee for Burroughs Wellcome Fund: 2009 Career Awards at the Scientific interface
- Presidential Trainee Award. 2008. American Society for Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics (ASCPT), Alexandria, VA
- Abroad Collaborative Research. 2004. Korea Science and Engineering Foundation (KOSEF), Daejeon, Korea
-J Jeong; X Zhang; S Kim; C Shen. 2013. An efficient post-hoc integration method improving peak alignment of GCxGC/TOF-MS with application to various metabolomics data. BMC Bioinformatics In press
-H Jang; S Kim; D Wu. Bayesian MCMC analysis for lead time calculation using JHLP data. Journal of Epidemiology and Global Health In press
-Wei, X.; Shi, X.; Koo, I.; Kim, S.; McClain, C.; Zhang, X. MetPP: a computational platform for comprehensive two-dimensional gas chromatography time-of-flight mass spectrometry-based metabolomics. Bioinformatics. In press
-Koo, I.; Kim, S.; Zhang, X. Comparative analysis of mass spectral matching-based compound identification in gas chromatography mass spectrometry. Journal of Chromatography A In press
-J Ling; K King; B Speck; S Kim; D Wu. Preliminary assessment of a school-based healthy lifestyle program among rural children: Project BALANCE. Journal of School Health In press
-Wei, X.; Shi, X.; Tang, Y.; Sun, W.; Yin, X.; Sun, X.; Bogdanov, B.; Kim, S.; McClain, C.; Zhou, Z.; Zhang, X. 2013. Chronic Alcohol Exposure Disturbs Lipid Homeostasis at the Adipose-Liver Axis: Analysis of Triacylglycerols Using High-Resolution Mass Spectrometry in Combination with in vivo Metabolite Deuterium Labeling. PLoS One. 8:2:e55382
-S Kim; D Wu. 2012. Estimation of sensitivity depending on time spent and sojourn time in periodic screening. Statistical Methods in Medical Research In press.
-X Wei; X Shi; S Kim; L Zhang; JS Patrick; J Binkley; C McClain; X Zhang. 2012. A Data Pre-processing Method for Liquid Chromatography Mass Spectrometry-based Metabolomics. Analytical Chemistry 84, 7963-7971.
-Kim, S; Koo, I; Jeong, J; Wu, S; Shi, X; Zhang, X. 2012 Compound identification using partial and semi-partial correlation on gas chromatography mass spectrometry data. Analytical Chemistry 84, 6477-6487.
-M Teng; Y Wang; S Kim; L Li; C Shen; G Wang; Y Liu; THM Huang; KP Nephew; C Balch. 2012 Empirical Bayes model comparisons for differential methylation analysis. Comparative and Functional Genomics doi:10.1155/2012/376706