We advance knowledge for the public’s health in the increasingly complex and interconnected world of the 21st century. We accomplish this through activities in the three cornerstone areas for advancing knowledge:
- Research. We create knowledge by seeking new discoveries and understanding through scientific exploration. We communicate our findings.
- Teaching. We share knowledge with students committed to and prepared for learning in a facilitated environment. Our learners are our students, our faculty, and our staff. We commit to preparing our learners for success.
- Service. We apply knowledge through quality services to the communities of which we are a part – the University, Louisville Metro, Kentucky, the United States, and their respective environs.
In fulfilling our mission:
- We nurture an academic setting that fosters ethics, respect, diversity, cooperation, learning, and fun.
- We strive to improve our approach and performance through a program of active feedback and deliberate change.
- We embrace innovative ideas for advancing knowledge.
- We investigate new techniques and technologies for doing research, teaching, and service.
- We think globally and act locally.
- We collaborate with any who will join us in working for the public’s health.
- We recognize that public health starts with the individual.
- We advocate for the public’s health.