Street closures hinder April 30 final exam parking
Access to Belknap Campus will be limited until 1 p.m. on Saturday, April 30, because of street closures for the Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon and Mini-Marathon.
Major road closures include:
- Third and Fourth streets
- Central Avenue between Fourth and Floyd streets
- Southern Parkway
- Floyd Street between Central and Eastern Parkway
- Hahn Street between Floyd and Eastern Parkway
- Eastern Parkway between Crittenden Drive and Third
Students taking final exams and anyone coming to campus that day should arrive from the east. Access to campus will be via Warnock Street, which should be reached via Eastern Parkway, Crittenden Drive or I-65.
Parking lots that will be available via Warnock are:
- Floyd Street Garage - west on Warnock, right on Floyd Street to the garage
- Brook Street lots - west on Warnock across RR tracks to left or right on Brook
- Speed School lots - west on Warnock across RR tracks, left on Brook, then right into the Speed lots
- College of Business - west on Warnock, right on Floyd, left on Cardinal, left on First Street (north entrance), right on Brandeis to the COB lot
- Red Barn lot - west on Warnock, right on Floyd, left on Cardinal, left on first (north entrance), left on Brandeis to the lot
- DuPont Manual High School lot - across Cardinal Boulevard from the School of Music
Student parking also will be available in the “S” lot off Central. The lot is between Crittenden and Floyd Street on the right. A shuttle will run from the lot to the Floyd Street bus shelter across from Cardinal Park and back. Students who take the shuttles should allow extra travel time before their exams.
Download road closing map (PDF).