2006 Research Projects
Contracts in Force (16 projects)
- “A Wireless Electronic Monitoring System for Securing Milk from Farm to Processor”, S.M. Alexander, with Fred Payne (UK), William Crist (UK), Tim Stombaugh(UK), Chris Thompson(UK), Phillip Womble (WKU), $1,500,000,
- “Development and Field Testing of a Shopping Mall and Public Facility HVAC Explosives Monitoring System”, S. M. Alexander, with Robert Keynton, Kevin Walsh, John Naber, Thomas Roussel, Michael Martin, Douglas Jackson, $1,205,184.
- “Behavior and Damage Criteria During Repetitive Motion of the Human Lumbar Spine”, N. Campbell-Kyureghyan,with M. Voor, Source IRIG MRG_UofL; Department of Orthop. Surgery; Department of Industrial, $51,216, 1/06-1/07.
- “Muscle Fatigue and Oxygen Saturation Leve”, N. Campbell-Kyureghyan, Somanetics Inc., $25,000, 2006-2008.
- "Anatomical, Biomechanical and Neurological Predispositions and Processes in FocalHand Dystonia” Campbell-Kyureghyan, N.,with Quesada, P., Leijnse, J. (PI), IRIG RG $10,000, 01/06-1/07.
- “Safety and Health Engineering Center”, Campbell-Kyureghyan, N., Evans, G., Quesada, P., Karwowski, W. (PI), NSF/UC/UofL, $68,000, 8/06-7/07.
- “Dynamic Financial Analysis Methods on Portfolio and Risk Management”, L. Chen, $4000, University of Louisville. 2006-2007.
- “Large-Scale Workforce Training Schedule for Logistics Skills-CELDi Membership”, DePuy, G., and J Usher, NSWC – Crane, $50,000, 7/06-6/07.
- “Inventory, Distribution, and Value-Added Activities Analysis – CELDi Membership” DePuy, G., Usher, J., Evans, G., N. Glantz and Sons, $50,000, 7/05-6/06.
- “Workforce Training Schedule for Logistics Skills-CELDi Membership”, Usher, J., DePuy, J., NSWC-Crane, $50,000, 7/05-6/06.
- “Analysis of Trucking Strategies at GE”, General Electric Appliances, Evans, G., and S. Heragu, $50,000, 8/1/06 to 7/30/07.
- “Conceptualization Tools for Unit Load Warehouse Design Based on Autonomous Vehicle Technology”, National Science Foundation, S.S. Heragu, with A. Krishnamurthy and Charles J. Malmborg, $300,000, 8/05-7/08.
- “Collaborative Research: Center for Logistics and Distribution (CELDi)”, National Science Foundation, S.S. Heragu and J.S. Usher, $316,000 6/02-7/07.
- “Development of a Neuro-Fuzzy System to Predict Spinal Loading as a Function of Multiple Dimensions of Risk, DHHS-NIOSH /Ohio State University, Karwowski, W., with. Zurada, $455,609, 10/01/02 - 9/31/07.
- “Research Experience for Teachers – (RET)”, NSF, Usher, J., Kasting, K., and Bowman, C., Crothersville, HS, $20,000, 7/05—6/06.
- Biles, W. E., J. P. C. Kleijnen and W. van Beers, “Kriging and Constrained Simulation Optimization,” funded by NWO (The Netherlands National Science Foundation), January-May 2007, $10,500.