UofL Cyber Defense Team Takes 2nd on April 18, 2010
Pictured from left to right: Justin Cottrell, Nick Miles, Paul Fredrick, and Tyler Hall
The UofL Cyber Defense Team finished 2nd among the 8 regional winners invited to the National Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition in San Antonio, TX, from April 16th to 18th www.nationalccdc.org.
Participation in the competition is by invitation only and the regional winners alone were eligible. The competition resulted in the following rank order:
- Northeastern University, Boston (Northeast Regional)
- University of Louisville (Southeast Regional)
- Texas A&M University (Southwest Regional)
- University of Washington-Seattle (Pacific Rim Regional)
- DePaul University (Midwest Regional)
- California Polytechnic University-Pomona (West Coast Regional)
- Towson University (Mid-Atlantic Regional)
- Montana Technological University (North Central Regional)
UofL has participated in the national competition twice before and we have improved our level of performance from third to second now. Dr. Srinivasan was the faculty member accompanying the team and the team consisted of 4 CECS Students and 4 CIS students. As usual, this demonstrates the collaborative atmosphere we have and the quality of our students.