Brian Carter Promoted to ACCENT's Development Manager
2009 CSE PhD Alum Brian Carter is moving into the Development Manager role reporting to Ed Thompson (VP of Application Development). Brian was previously the Team Lead and System Architect for many of our ACCENT's projects. His leadership along with a great team of individuals helped the company meet deliverables for many transitions. Recently, Brian completed his doctorial and earned his Doctor of Philosophy under the Computer Science and Engineering Plan from University of Louisville. Brian’s new responsibilities include oversight of all system and application development at ACCENT.
The Development Manager's principle responsibility is to ensure applications, reports, and processes developed by the IT developers are delivered accurately and on time. This position is responsible for working with members of the IT organization to create and enforce development and reporting standards, and with members of operations, people services, finance, and marketing to ensure that proper documentation and training is in place for our reporting tools.
- Manage development and reporting staff.
- Aid in the definition and enforce development and reporting standards for the IT organization.
- Provide coaching to members of the entire IT staff on development and reporting best practices.
- Work with developers and reporting team to identify potential efficiency improvement opportunities.
- Provide development and reporting estimates for proposals and internal project ROI analysis.
- Access and communicate trends in department timeline and estimate adherence.
- Define and enforce training and documentation requirements to ensure that our clients understand how to use our applications and reports.
- Enforce QA policies within the development group.
- Enforce documentation policies for all applications, processes and reports.
- Audit existing applications, processes and reports to ensure adherence to requirements and standards and ensure quality.
- Perform business analyst, development and reporting duties as needed. A small amount of project work could still be involved.
- Maintain a positive attitude and support ACCENT's Commitment to Excellence.
- Perform other duties as assigned
ACCENT is a global provider of outsourced customer relationship management solutions, blending customer care and direct marketing services for Fortune 1000 companies to market, sell, and retain their customers. Founded in 1993, the company has focused exclusively on developing customized solutions that help industry leaders remain attentive and responsive to the needs of their customers.
With a customer-focused attitude, more than a decade of industry experience, scalable technologies, and contact centers that span the globe, ACCENT is committed to providing customer care solutions that Drive Value Through Every Customer Interaction.