Exciting CECS Online Courses!
CECS is offering many exciting and convenient online courses!
- Cryptology (CECS 564): providing a historical introduction to cryptology and the science of secret codes. The first part covers substitution ciphers, transposition codes, Vigenere cipher and more complex polyalphabetic substitutions including those created by rotor machines. The second part describes bit block cipher schemes such as Data Encryption Standard (DES). Public key encryption is the subject of the final part including RSA, Knapsack codes, and Diffie-Hellman key exchange.
- Mobile Computing (CECS 617): mastering the big ideas of iOS programming including memory management techniques, using the view controllers, and delegation before moving on to the study of the iOS frameworks provided in the iOS SDK - focusing on UIView, UITable View, Core Data and then using local devices such as the camera, the accelerometer and device notification
- Bioinformatics (CECS 660): covering the current state of the art programs designed for sequence alignment, database searching, RNA structure prediction, microarray, sequence analysis, gene prediction, repeat detection, and protein folding prediction. A detailed analysis of the algorithms behind each of these will be explored. The algorithmic techniques discussed will include dynamic programming, hidden Markov models, finite state automata, grammars, Karlin-Altschul statistics and Bayesian statistics.
- Information Security (CECS 566): Technical, legal and policy issues associated with information security. Authentication, trusted computer systems, information encryption, biometrics, computer forensics, and privacy issues
- Legal Issues in Data Mining and Information Assurance (CECS 311): examine advanced legal, administrative, policy and technical issues associated with data mining to information assurance and privacy issues
- Web Mining for eCommerce (CECS 621): fundamentals of knowledge discovery in semi-structured/unstructured data with emphasis on the World Wide Web: Web usage,content, and structure mining, applications to personalization,e-commerce, information retrieval, text mining
- Data Mining with Linear Models (CECS 635): covering the theory and practice of linear models and mixed models as applied to different types of data.
- Information Security (CECS 566): technical, legal and policy issues associated with information security. Authentication, trusted computer systems, information encryption, biometrics, computer forensics, and privacy issues.
- Program Design in C/C++ (CECS 121 and CECS 122): program life-cycle, operators, pointers, structures, strings, function libraries, recursion and iteration, memory management, design aspects for engineering problem solving
- Programming Design: exercises on writing and compiling computer programs. This course will cover topics pertaining to program life-cycle, modularity, operators, expressions, flow control, functions, scope, memory management, structures and data files, Object-Oriented Program design and development
Register today through ULink!