- Position Type: Assistant Professor
Duration: tenure track
Start Date: August 15, 2014
The Department of Computer Engineering and Computer Science (CECS) at the University of Louisville is actively seeking applications for a tenure-track position at the assistant professor level, to begin August 15, 2014. We are searching for a highly motivated computer scientist/engineer with a strong research record in "Cyber Enabled Discovery" with a focus on Big Data, Cloud Computing, and/or Visualization to complement established research programs. Application areas are expected to be consistent with the Speed School of Engineering Strategic initiatives. Candidates will have both research and teaching responsibilities within the CECS Department and will be expected to participate in collaborative and interdisciplinary activities.
The CECS department has over 40 years of history in offering Computer Engineering and Computer Science education. The department is unique in offering programs combining Computer Engineering and Computer Science at the undergraduate and graduate levels. The CECS department offers Bachelor of Science and Master of Engineering programs that are accredited by the ABET. The CECS department offers Master of Science and Ph.D. degrees in Computer Science and Engineering. The Computer Engineering and Computer Science Department has faculty and students with international recognition and diverse credentials. Faculty research is supported by NSF, DHS, ONR, DOE, NIH, NASA and several industry partners. More information about our department can be found at http://louisville.edu/speed/computer.
Qualifications The position requires a Ph.D. in computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent. Strong foundations in computer science and engineering and a willingness to teach core computer science courses are expected. Applicants should have a demonstrated record of excellence in research and teaching, including experience with extramural funding agencies. In addition, they should process strong communication skills.
Application Process Screening of application materials will begin March 15, 2013. Applicants must apply on-line via the "Online App. Form" link below.
Dr. Anup Kumar, Professor
Chair, Faculty Search Committee
University of Louisville
Department of Computer Engineering and Computer Science
Speed School of Engineering
217 Duthie Center
Louisville, Kentucky 40292
Phone: (502) 852-0471
Fax: (502) 852-4713
Spd-Computer Engineering and Computer Science
University of Louisville
Online App. Form: https://highereddecisions.com/uofl/current_vacancies.asp
Past Career Postings
- Application Developer Job Opening (posted July 22,2013)
Currently seeking a qualified candidates for a dynamic opportunity for future growth as an application developer. Located 1.5 hours north of Memphis TN; Salary: 60K+ based on skill and capacity to learn; client also has an impressive total compensation package with full benefits(salary, benefits, and bonus opportunities). This is a position offers future growth, as the last placement has been promoted.
Interested Candidates should email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BASIC FUNCTIONS: This position will be responsible for working with users in full life-cycle software development, including gathering requirements, developing applications, and supporting those applications in production. This position will also be responsible for establishing relationships with individuals both inside IT and across the organization.
1. Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent degree and programming experience aforementioned software development experience.
2. Experience developing in an object-oriented language MUST DEOMSTRATE THIS SKILL ON BOTH THE PHONE AND IN_PERSON INTERVIEW
3. Experience developing client and server side web applications MUST DEOMSTRATE THIS SKILL ON BOTH THE PHONE AND IN_PERSON INTERVIEW
4. Must be available to work on-site 5 days a week (Monday through Friday).
5. Must be available to work on a rotating on-call basis, including nights and weekends.
1. Strong commitment to Safety in all job aspects,
2. Positive attitude and teamwork skills,
3. Strong written and verbal communication skills,
4. Ability to multi-task and coordinate multiple departmental requests,
5. Good organizational and time management skills, ability to stay focused on long term projects,
6. Goal-oriented and results driven,
7. Willing to work on a rotating on-call basis, including nights and weekends
2. Understanding of good software engineering practices, OO design patterns, architecture, and automated testing
3. Customer support or helpdesk experience
4. Knowledge with other systems, i.e. Unix, Linux, very helpful
- OnlineCollege.org education blog (posted April 2013)
- The Nation's Best Jobs In Engineering and Information Technology, IEEE Job Site (posted June 2012)
- Best bets for jobs in 2012 (By Debra Auerbach, CareerBuilder Writer)
- IEEE-USA Today's Engineer lists software engineering as the best job of 2011
- CS Engineering Grads Have Highest Starting Salaries
- Barbie's Next Career? Computer Engineer
- Computer engineering and computer science jobs holds two out of the top five earning opportunities
- Computer Science Stages a Strong Comeback
- Is computer science the one smart major in a recession?
- Ahead of the Curve: Data Miner
- Career Profile: Software Developer Engineer
- Computer Software Engineers
- Computer Science regains popularity