- Application Developer Job Opening (posted July 22,2013)
Currently seeking a qualified candidates for a dynamic opportunity for future growth as an application developer. Located 1.5 hours north of Memphis TN; Salary: 60K+ based on skill and capacity to learn; client also has an impressive total compensation package with full benefits(salary, benefits, and bonus opportunities). This is a position offers future growth, as the last placement has been promoted.
Interested Candidates should email resume to email@example.com.
BASIC FUNCTIONS: This position will be responsible for working with users in full life-cycle software development, including gathering requirements, developing applications, and supporting those applications in production. This position will also be responsible for establishing relationships with individuals both inside IT and across the organization.
1. Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent degree and programming experience aforementioned software development experience.
2. Experience developing in an object-oriented language MUST DEOMSTRATE THIS SKILL ON BOTH THE PHONE AND IN_PERSON INTERVIEW
3. Experience developing client and server side web applications MUST DEOMSTRATE THIS SKILL ON BOTH THE PHONE AND IN_PERSON INTERVIEW
4. Must be available to work on-site 5 days a week (Monday through Friday).
5. Must be available to work on a rotating on-call basis, including nights and weekends.
1. Strong commitment to Safety in all job aspects,
2. Positive attitude and teamwork skills,
3. Strong written and verbal communication skills,
4. Ability to multi-task and coordinate multiple departmental requests,
5. Good organizational and time management skills, ability to stay focused on long term projects,
6. Goal-oriented and results driven,
7. Willing to work on a rotating on-call basis, including nights and weekends
2. Understanding of good software engineering practices, OO design patterns, architecture, and automated testing
3. Customer support or helpdesk experience
4. Knowledge with other systems, i.e. Unix, Linux, very helpful
- OnlineCollege.org education blog (posted April 2013)
- The Nation's Best Jobs In Engineering and Information Technology, IEEE Job Site (posted June 2012)
- Best bets for jobs in 2012 (By Debra Auerbach, CareerBuilder Writer)
- IEEE-USA Today's Engineer lists software engineering as the best job of 2011
- CS Engineering Grads Have Highest Starting Salaries
- Barbie's Next Career? Computer Engineer
- Computer engineering and computer science jobs holds two out of the top five earning opportunities
- Computer Science Stages a Strong Comeback
- Is computer science the one smart major in a recession?
- Ahead of the Curve: Data Miner
- Career Profile: Software Developer Engineer
- Computer Software Engineers
- Computer Science regains popularity