Welcome to the J.B. Speed School of Engineering Career Development Office. We support the students, graduates and alumni of Speed School, and employers interested in hiring Speed engineers for co-op, intern, and full-time positions.
The mission of the UofL Speed School of Engineering Office of Career Development and Cooperative Education is to develop the next generation of technical leaders for the community, the state, the nation and the world, using the benefits of cooperative education. At Speed, the cooperative education program is an academically focused program which provides students with progressive experiential learning opportunities that accelerate professional development and prepares the student for a successful career in industry, research or government. While students are gaining practical experience in their field, they acquire an understanding of the workplace, integrate theory and practice, and have the opportunity to further develop professional and interpersonal skills.
Beyond co-op, we provide our students with the guidance and skills to make a seamless transition from "co-op to company" as they approach graduation. Our goal: every Speed grad finds the job he/she really wants!
In addition, by leveraging the cooperative education process, we build unique partnerships with our employers throughout the region, North America and the world. We provide employers searching for engineer talent with "one-stop shopping" that is responsive and easy to use.
Speed School of Engineering Office of Career Development and Cooperative Education will:
- Be recognized around the world by academia and industry as a premier provider of engineering experiential education and professional development.
- Be recognized as a leader in innovation in the discipline of experiential education.
- Continuously create mutually beneficial partnerships with employers, the community, alumni, academic departments, other universities and professional organizations.
- Continuously develop the technology, teaching methodologies and curriculum to enhance the integration of classroom learning with practical work-related experiences.
Following an assessment for quality and standards, the Accreditation Council for Cooperative Education (ACCE), granted accreditation on August 30, 2013 through August 30, 2019, to the JB Speed School of Engineering.
- SYMPLICITY Career Services Management for students
- SYMPLICITY Career Services Management for employers