Summer 2014/Fall 2014/Spring 2015
Undergraduate and transfer students at the J. B. Speed School of Engineering are required to have a mobile computer with an active digital pen meeting the minimum specifications below. Graduate students should have a laptop.
Want to purchase one of the models we reviewed and approved?
Minimum Tablet Specification
|OS||Windows 7 or 8.1 Pro, 64-bit version|
|Memory (RAM)||4 Gigabytes|
|Hard Disk Drive||250 GB HDD or 128 GB SSD (Solid State Drive)|
|Input Device||Integrated Wacom, N-trig or S Pen active stylus that supports digital inking|
In addition, the following are recommended:
- 3-year warranty
- Accident Damage Protection
- USB Flash Memory
- A USB hard drive or cloud backup option
Note: If you already have a Windows laptop that meets the minimum specifications but you don’t have a pen to write on the screen, you may purchase a companion device.
The following types of devices are not acceptable for use as your computer at Speed:
- IPADS or any Apple computers or devices running IOS
- Android tablets or any devices running the Android operating system
- Windows Surface devices running the Windows RT or mobile operating system
- Devices running the Linux or Unix operating system
For more information please contact: