Purchase Recommended Tablet
Summer 2014/Fall 2014/Spring 2015
The Speed School of Engineering does not select a particular tablet model for you. You may purchase any tablet that meets the minimum specification. However, certain models have been evaluated and reviewed by Speed staff.
Speed staff gave high marks to the Lenovo and Fujitsu models. In addition, GovConnection the Lenovo vendor, has a history of solid service and help for financial aid students. Read the reviews.
Purchase tablets that have been reviewed by the Speed staff:
- Buy the Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga from GovConnection
- Buy the Fujitsu T734, T904
- Buy the Fujitsu Q704
- Buy the Microsoft Surface Pro 22 256GB or 512GB models recommended (Check to make sure your model has a pen. Some ordering backlogs have been reported.)
These models have not been reviewed but also meet the requirement:
- Check to be sure the model you order comes with keyboard/docking station if needed and a digital pen
- Remember to obtain a 3-year warranty and accidental damage protection if possible.
- Ask about delivery time. You must have your tablet by the start of the fall semester.
- Ask how repairs are handled. Is international shipping required?
- Check for deals on backup devices such as USB hard drives or cloud services.
- Financial aid students who may receive money shortly before the semester begins should ask vendors financing or late billing so you can receive your tablet in time for classes.
For more information please contact: