Application for the Major/Minor

How to apply for the major or minor How to apply for the major/minor in Spanish

How to apply for the major/minor in Spanish

Before you can apply to be a major or minor in Spanish , you must:

  • Take Spanish 201 or higher(or equivalent transfer course) and have earned at least a C.
  • Have an overall cumulative GPA minimum of 2.0 and a Spanish GPA minimum of 2.0.
  • Have completed at least 30 hours of degree-applicable credit.
  • Submit your request online to the College of Arts and Sciences at
  • After a few weeks, notification regarding your status will be sent to you through your university email account.*  This application is accepted or rejected by the College of Arts and Sciences. If accepted, the Spanish advisor will send you a Program Form detailing the degree requirements you have met and those you will still need to meet.  If you are not accepted, you will be told why by Arts and Sciences; once you have met the criteria, you may reapply.

* You MUST have and USE a University email account in order to send and receive official University information.