This information should be placed in the glove compartment of all University-owned vehicles.
What to do when an auto claim occurs:
- Obtain a police report from the Department of Public Safety or if not on a UofL campus, the appropriate police agency.
- Contact Risk Management by Incident Mini-Form or by e-mail at email@example.com or call 852-6925.
- Stay Calm. Do not argue with other individuals involved in the accident
- If not on a UofL campus and someone is injured, call an ambulance. If on a UofL campus and someone is injured relay that information to the Department of Public Safety.
- Assist those injured but do not administer first aid unless you are qualified.
- Do not discuss what happened with anyone except the policy.
- Do not admint responsibility for the accident, or sign a statement.
- Do not disclose insurance policy limits or coverage to anyone.
- $500 (per claim/accident)
- The deductible is the responsibility of the department filing the auto claim.