Innovators (Faculty, Staff & Student) can partner with the OTT and
EVPRI on developing their technology through the Technology Transfer Process.
Under the UofL Intellectual Property Policy, when faculty or staff members “create Intellectual Property or obtain(s) exceptional Research results that (in a reasonable opinion) may have commercial value and do not fall within the scope of the exception[s] of [the] Policy… the Creator shall notify the Technology Director in writing via an official Research Disclosure Form.” The OTT strives to make the process of Technology Transfer as smooth and seamless as possible, and we encourage or faculty and staff to engage with us and “think outside the lab” as they go about creative and innovative activities. The OTT has many services related to Research Disclosures for our faculty and staff, including:
- Assistance in filling out Research Disclosure forms
- General educational meetings and/or presentations
- Evaluation of Information in Research Disclosures
- Marketing Efforts (Towards Licensing or Sponsored Research)
- License and Option Negotiation
- Referrals to start-up company assistance entities
- Federal Grant Invention Reporting
The OTT also offers other services to protect the ability of our faculty and staff to continue their research programs in the future:
- Material Transfer Agreements
- Confidentiality/Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Policy Tracking and Research
The OTT coordinates our activities with many other University Offices, including the offices of Sponsored Programs Development, Grants Management, and Industry Contracts; the Research Integrity and Human Subjects programs; and the IRB.
For Further Information: