Sponsored Programs Development Mission Statement
PHONE: (502)-852-6512 FAX: (502)-852-8361
Creation of new knowledge through research and creative activities is a critical role of the academic community. Successfully meeting these objectives for a major research University requires resources to support all levels of scholarly activity.
The OSP advances the University's research agenda by helping faculty and staff secure these resources by:
- Assisting investigators in seeking funding for research and providing support for successful proposal development in response to those opportunities;
- Training researchers in grant writing through workshops and departmentally focused information sessions;
- Coordinating multi-investigator proposals and providing support for development of large multidisciplinary centers;
- Identifying contacts within federal funding agencies and providing support for meetings and interactions;
- Coordinating government relations with regard to the federal appropriations process.