Mission Statement For The Office Of Industry Contracts
Industry support contributes to the education of scientists, doctors, engineers, and others and to the development of technologies for practical use by society. The University strives to maintain a balance between industry's search for useful knowledge to be applied toward the development of products, processes and services and the University's pursuit of research as an integral part of the educational process.
The mission of the Office of Industry Contracts (OIC) is to provide courteous and professional service to the investigators and industry sponsors planning or engaged in industry-sponsored activities with the University of Louisville (UofL).
Industry Contracts fulfills its mission by:
- Negotiating and approving agreements (as official signatory) associated with these sponsored activities,
- Coordinating with other Senior Vice President for Research offices or other University offices as needed to facilitate the processing, tracking and management of these industry-sponsored activities,
- Assisting coordinators and faculty investigators with the interpretation of obligations of sponsored agreements and applicable laws and regulations,
- Helping to maintain financial integrity and compliance with applicable laws and regulations of the sponsored activities,
- Supporting such programs as the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs,
- Encouraging faculty involvement and industry participation with UofL in these programs, and
- Reviewing and approving budgets, budget adjustments, term extensions and other related activities associated with industry-sponsored activities.