Students may need to prove full-time/half-time status in order to be eligible for dependent insurance and to defer repayment of some loans, among other reasons. Definitions of full-time/half-time may be changed as required by Federal Government Regulations for financial aid recipients. Students will be certified as full-time/half-time based on the following conditions:
- Must be registered for 12 or more hours during any semester (including summer); or
- must be a Speed School student enrolled in a two-hour Cooperative Internship; or
- must be a College of Business student enrolled in at least a three-hour credit Cooperative Internship. There are some other cooperative internships that qualify for full-time status. Please consult your dean's office for additional information.
- Must be registered for a minimum of six (6) hours during any semester (including summer).
- Must be registered for 9 or more hours during spring and fall semesters; or
- must be registered for six (6) hours during the summer semester; or
- must be enrolled in Masters Candidacy, Doctoral Candidacy, or MEng Residency only.
- Must be registered for a minimum of 4.5 hours during spring and fall semesters; or
- must be registered for a minimum of three (3) hours during the summer semester.