Leasing Administration is tasked with facilitating the process of leasing real property. The following guidelines are provided as a reference to indicate an approximate time frame for the lease process. For equipment or vehicle leasing, please check purchasing information.
Where to Start
- Complete the Space Request Form
- Define occupancy, Lessor, Tenant/3rd Party, Sublessor, Sublessee
- Space information to be sent to Purchasing to create a Request for Proposal (RFP)
- Purchasing posts RFP
- Once RFP is selected, purchasing sends a Letter of Intent to Award to potential Landlord/Tenant
- Leasing Administration creates lease with RFP details then routes to department, legal, risk management, facilities management then routes for final signature.
|Annual Lease Cost||Approval Authority||Estimated Time Needed|
|Less than $100,000||Senior Associate Vice President for Operations||1 – 3 months|
|$100,000 - $200,000||Senior Associate Vice President for Operations, Capital Projects and Bond Oversight Committee (CPBO)||3 – 6 months|
|Over $200,000||Senior Associate Vice President for Operations, Capital Projects and Bond Oversight Committee (CPBO), and UofL Board of Trustees||6 – 12 months|