Completion Requirements for majors (BA/SocSci, BA/NatSci, BS)
- Completion of one the three degree programs (BA/SocSci, BA/NatSci, BS).
- 121 of degree-applicable credit hours (minimum) completed
- At least 50 credit hours of 300+ level course work completed
- No more than 40 credit hours within Psychology for the BA degree and no more than 60 hours for the BS degree can be applied to the overall hour total.
- Have at least a 2.0 GPA overall and 2.0 in all Psychology classes taken at the University of Louisville. Students entering Fall 2011 or after must earn grades of C or better in Psych 201, 301 and Psych 302 (or their accepted substitutes). For students entering Fall 2013 or after, no course with a grade below C minus can be counted toward the Psychology electives for the degree, whether earned at UofL or from transferred credits.
- Apply for graduation online through ULink prior to the beginning of the semester in which you wish to graduate
- Complete the Student Learning Outcomes Assessment in Psychology (currently a multiple choice quiz) prior to the end of the graduation semester
Completion Requirements for minors:
- Psychology 201, 301 and 302. Students entering Fall 2011 or after must earn grades of C or better in these classes (or their accepted substitutes).
- Three courses chosen from the following: 313, 321, 322, 331, 344, 363, 372, 375, 385, 501
- One 3- hour elective class in Psychology
- For students entering Fall 2013 or after, no course with a grade below C minus can be counted toward these requirements.
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.0 in all Psychology classes.