Janet Woodruff-Borden, PhD
Director of Clinical Training
Office: Room 357, Life Science Building
Phone: (502) 852-6070
Fax: (502) 852-8904
Lab location: 363 Life Sciences Building
Lab phone: (502) 852-6352
Lab website: Developmental Psychopathology Research Lab
B.A., Wake Forest University, 1982
Ph.D., Virginia Tech, 1988
Post Doctoral, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, 1988-89
- Anxiety disorders
- Familial linkage of anxiety
- Phenomenology of anxiety
- Mental health in underserved populations
- Ballash, N. G., Leyfer, O., Buckley, A., & Woodruff-Borden, J. (2006). Parental control in the etiology of anxiety. Clinical Child and Family Psychology Review, 9, 113-133.
- Leyfer, O. T., Woodruff-Borden, J., Klein-Tasman, B., Fricke, J., & Mervis, C. B. (2006). Prevalence of psychiatric disorders in 4-16-year olds with Williams syndrome. American Journal of Medical Genetics Part B (Neuropsychiatric Genetics), 114B, 615-622.
- Buckley, A., & Woodruff-Borden, J. (2006). Parental modeling of coping: Relation to child anxiety. Child and Family Behavior Therapy, 28, 59-80.
- Newton, T. L., Buckley, A. F., Zurlage, M. M., Mitchell, C. K., Shaw, M. A., & Woodruff-Borden, J. (2008). Lack of a close confidant: Prevalence and correlates in a medically underserved primary care sample. Psychology, Health, and Medicine,13, 185-192.
- Kertz, S. J., Smith, C. L., Chapman, L. K., & Woodruff-Borden, J. (2008). Maternal sensitivity: Impacts on child outcome. Child and Family Behavior Therapy, 30(2), 153-171.
- Harvison, K. W., Chapman, L. K., Ballash, N. G., & Woodruff-Borden, J. (2008). Anxiogenic patterns of mother-child interaction during a mildly stressful task. Child and Family Behavior Therapy, 30(2), 137-151.
- Leyfer, O., Woodruff-Borden, J., & Mervis, C. B. (2009). Anxiety disorders in children with Williams syndrome, their mothers, and their siblings: Implications for the etiology of anxiety disorders. Journal of Neurodevelopmental Disorders 1(1), 4-14.
- Harvison, K. W., Molfese, D. L., Woodruff-Borden, J., & Weigel, R. A. (2009). Neonatal auditory evoked responses are related to perinatal maternal anxiety. Brain and Cognition, 71(3), 369-374.
- Schrock, M. & Woodruff-Borden, J. (2010). Parent-child interactions in anxious families. Child & Family Behavior Therapy, 32(4), 291-310.
- Crawford, N. A., Schrock, M., & Woodruff-Borden, J. (2011). Child internalizing symptoms: Contributions of child temperament, maternal negative affect, and family functioning. Child Psychiatry and Human Development, 42(1), 53-64.
- Kertz, S. J. & Woodruff-Borden, J. (2011). The developmental psychopathology of worry. Clinical Child and Family Psychology Review, 14(2), 174-197.
Courses Often Taught
Psyc 685 - Clinical Psychology Practicum
Psyc 687 - Anxiety Disorders