- Van Stockum, C. A. Jr., & DeCaro, M. S. (2014). Enclothed cognition and controlled attention during insight problem-solving. The Journal of Problem Solving, 7(1), Article 8. doi:10.7771/1932-6246.1164
- Fyfe, E. R., DeCaro, M. S., & Rittle-Johnson, B. (2014). An alternative time for telling: When conceptual instruction prior to exploration improves mathematical knowledge. British Journal of Educational Psychology. doi:10.1111/bjep.12035
- Fyfe, E. R., DeCaro, M. S., & Rittle-Johnson, B. (2014). When feedback during problem-solving is cognitively-demanding: The importance of working memory capacity.Instructional Science. doi:10.1007/s11251-014-9323-8.
- DeCaro, D. A., DeCaro, M. S., & Rittle-Johnson, B. (2013). Achievement motivation and strategy selection during exploratory learning. In M. Knauff, M. Pauen, N. Sebanz, & I. Wachsmuth (Eds.), Proceedings of the 35th Annual Conference of the Cognitive Science Society (pp. 370-375). Berlin, Germany: Cognitive Science Society.
- Van Stockum, C., & DeCaro, M. S. (2013). The path less taken: When working memory capacity constrains insight. In M. Knauff, M. Pauen, N. Sebanz, & I. Wachsmuth (Eds.), Proceedings of the 35th Annual Conference of the Cognitive Science Society (pp. 3633-3638). Berlin, Germany: Cognitive Science Society.
- DeCaro, M. S., & Rittle-Johnson, B. (2012). Exploring mathematics problems prepares children to learn from instruction.Journal of Experimental Child Psychology, 113, 552-568.
- Fyfe, E. R., Rittle-Johnson, B., & DeCaro, M. S. (2012). The effects of feedback during exploratory mathematics problem solving: Prior knowledge matters.Journal of Educational Psychology. doi: 10.1037/a0028389.
- DeCaro, M. S., Rotar, K. E., Kendra, M. S., & Beilock, S. L. (2010). Diagnosing and alleviating the impact of performance pressure on mathematical problem solving.Quarterly Journal of Experimental Psychology, 63, 619-1630.
- DeCaro, M. S., & Beilock, S. L. (2010). The benefits and perils of attentional control. In B. Bruya and M. Csikszentmihalyi (Eds.), Effortless Attention: A New Perspective in the Cognitive Science of Attention and Action. MIT Press.
- DeCaro, M. S., & Maricle, D. E. (2010). Working Memory. In S. Goldstein and J. A. Naglieri (Eds.), Encyclopedia of Child Behavior and Development. Springer: Boston.
- DeCaro, M. S., Carlson, K. D., Thomas, R. D., & Beilock, S. L. (2009). When and how less is more: Reply to Tharp & Pickering.Cognition, 111, 415-421.
- Mutter, S. A., DeCaro, M. S., & Plumlee, L. F. (2009). The role of contingency and contiguity in young and older adults’ causal learning.Journal of Gerontology: Psychological Sciences, 64, 315-323.
- Beilock, S. L., & DeCaro, M. S. (2007). From poor performance to success under stress: Working memory, strategy selection, and mathematical problem solving under pressure.Journal of Experimental Psychology: Learning, Memory, and Cognition, 33, 983-998.
- DeCaro, M. S., Wieth, M., & Beilock, S. L. (2007). Methodologies for examining problem solving success and failure. Methods, 42, 58-67.
The articles on this website were published by journals and thus copyrighted to them. These links are intended to faciliate the accepted practice that authors are allowed to distribute copies of their articles to interested parties for personal use. No commercial use may be made of the articles nor is mass production of the articles permitted.