Performance reviews are rarely fun for anyone involved. The employees being reviewed are nervous about the status of their positions, and often managers have to navigate delicate conversations while communicating important information. However, having a conversation about performance and setting a plan for performance improvement is a key way to develop strong employees and to strengthen rapport between workers and supervisors.
This course is designed to give managers the tools they need to build effective performance management programs that extend beyond annual evaluations. As a result, managers will be able to harness the potential of their employees, have a more transparent relationship with employees, focus on and address problem areas, and establish standards and goals for employees to strive for.
You will increase your ability to:
- Understand the elements of an effective performance management system
- Help employees create individualized performance goals that support your organization’s goals
- Provide clear direction and feedback so that employees know what is expected of them
- Develop credible measurements and have meaning for employees and the organization
- Follow a fair and objective plan for progressive discipline when performance problems haven’t been solved through other means
- This program is valid for 6.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM
$430 (includes instruction, seminar manual, refreshments, certificate of completion and parking)
All dates meet from 8:30 a.m.—4:30 p.m.
11/12/19Tuesday – #207EBB
Notify MeSign up to be notified about future sessions of this and similar seminars.
This Workshop is Ideal For:
This program is appropriate for managers and supervisors at any level who would like to learn how to implement an effective performance management system in their organization.