Strategies and Tactics for Effective Negotiations
Think your job doesn't call for negotiation skills? Think again. It does and effective leaders know the importance of being effective negotiators.
Nearly every aspect of your workday involves negotiations - external sales, interpersonal relationships, commercial transactions, interactions with customers, staff and coworkers, bargaining with suppliers, salaries and raises, even job descriptions and performance measurements, just to name a few. Armed with the right knowledge, strategies and skills, well-trained and well-prepared negotiators deliver results that go straight to the company's and the individual's bottom line.
Acquire and develop the interpersonal skills of effective negotiators and effective managers. Register today!
What You'll Learn
- How to determine and achieve the "win" you seek in each negotiation opportunity
- How to prepare for your most effective negotiations
- The mutual gains approach to negotiation for a "win-win" outcome
- The importance of and methods for creating and distributing value in any meeting
- What it takes to be effective in cross-cultural negotiations
- Practical, effective tactics for your personal negotiation toolbox
We are not currently offering this seminar. Sign up to be notified when it will be offered again.
John Spence is a program manager and trainer with UofL's Professional Development team. After completing his MSSW degree at the University of Louisville, he served in a variety of leadership and management positions in non-profit health and human service organizations. Prior to joining UofL, he served as an independent consultant and trainer specializing in outcome measurement and organizational capacity building. He has authored or co-authored several papers on outcome measurement, organizational evaluation, and learning. He has a passion for life-long learning and has helped several organizations develop their capacities for program improvement.