Project Management Certificate
Why Project Management?
Advance your Career. Build Your Resume. Give Your Team the Tools They Need.
Project management is one of the world's fastest growing and most in-demand disciplines. Skilled project managers are invaluable to their organizations, leading initiatives that improve productivity, financial performance, process improvements, customer/employee satisfaction and more.
According to the Project Management Institute® (PMI), on average, project managers make $108,000 a year, and PMP® credential holders earn 20% more than their non-certified peers.
With UofL's Project Management certificate program, you'll walk away with practical tools and skills that can be applied immediately in the workplace. And, because your certificate is not tied to any one specific industry or region, it moves with you - wherever your career may take you.
Still trying to decide if project management is the right career move for you? Take our quiz to learn how project management skills can help you achieve your career goals.
Earn Your Project Management Certificate
- Complete the Fundamentals of Project Management and Project Management: Practical Application seminars. When you register for one of the required seminars you will be able to enroll in the Project Management certificate program at no additional charge.
- Total program fee is $2,615, which includes all necessary books and materials. Download a justification letter to request funding from your employer [DOCX]
- The certificate fulfills the formal education requirements needed to apply for the Project Management Professional® (PMP) and Certified Associate in Project Management® (CAPM) exams. Participants will earn a total of 48 hours/Professional Development Units (PDUs).
Spring or Fall Sessions:
- 16-week program; three-hour classes meet weekly on Thursdays
- Eight-week program; three-hour classes meet twice weekly on Mondays and Thursdays
Learn the Skills You Need in a Convenient Format
As a PMI® Registered Provider, we offer a certificate program based on the processes and knowledge areas in the PMI's A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide). Our world-class instructors will cover the fundamentals of project management including project planning, scope management and control, conflict management, and many other skills essential for project success.
Additionally, when you earn your Project Management certificate from UofL, you will satisfy the CAPM® and PMP® credentials' formal education requirements, which will allow you to apply to sit for both the CAPM® and PMP® exams.
Classes take place on UofL's ShelbyHurst campus in the evenings. In this face-to-face format, you'll network with other practitioners and gain hands-on experience with real business challenges.
Need help preparing for the PMP® Exam?
Our 12-week PMP® Exam Facilitated Study seminar focuses on the PMI’s PMBOK® and specific exam preparation tactics. It is also a great preparation program for those seeking the CAPM® credential. Attendees should possess the minimum eligibility requirements to sit for the PMP® exam to take this class. Learn more about exam requirements.