Grant Writing Certificate
This Certificate is Ideal For:
This program is ideal for the beginner or intermediate grants professional working in education or a grant-ready nonprofit organization. The program will help grant-seeking become less intimidating.
Is your organization grant ready? Consult the checklist to find out.
If you want an in-depth training experience that will give you a solid knowledge base and skill set for developing competitive, high-quality grant applications, this is the training for you.
About the Certificate
Through this intensive, hands-on workshop, you will walk away with the knowledge and skills of how to develop a competitive grant proposal.
Over three days you will draft all sections of a grant proposal, including a needs statement, goal/case statement, objectives, project description, logic model, program evaluation, budget and budget justification. You will also learn tools and techniques that will set your grant proposal apart.
After this three-day workshop you will walk away with:
- The basic elements of a competitive grant application already developed
- The best style of writing for grant proposals
- An understanding of how successful organizations pre-plan for grants
- Tips for finding grant opportunities
- Next steps when a grant is not funded
- This program is valid for 19.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CPSMSM or SHRM-SCPSMSM
All dates meet from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
7/31/19 - 8/2/19Wednesday, Thursday, Friday - #207ABA
Notify MeSign up to be notified about future sessions of this and similar seminars.
$645 (includes instruction, seminar manual, refreshments, certificate of completion and parking)
Is your organization grant ready?
Grant-ready organizations meet the following criteria:
- IRS Designation as a 501(c)(3)
- Mission statement is documented
- Strategic plan or identified priorities and/or specific funding needs outlined
- List of board members and their professional affiliations
- Resumes collected for all key employed staff
- Financial management system in place
- Basic financial audit/review completed annually
- Organization has met all local, state, and federal reporting requirements
- Sufficient technology and skills to submit grant application and all required reports online
- Can demonstrate experience managing a grant and/or funding