We are passionate about helping our clients achieve success through continuous learning. Our team members are experienced in creating and delivering training programs that support the outcomes you need. We are dedicated to helping you build a learning strategy that supports your vision and long-term goals. Very simply: we listen; we care; and we work from the heart to serve your needs.
Director - Virginia Denny brings over 30 years of training and consulting expertise to her clients. She has served on teams that created international learning systems, strategic planning processes, and internal consulting systems that have helped lead organization-wide change. As the director of professional development, she provides strategic consulting and facilitation services to area businesses. Degrees in psychology and organizational communication contribute to a human-potential focus in her work. Additionally, her master's in human resource education provides you with the most cutting-edge information in the field to help you get the results you need in your organization.
- The thing I like most about what I do: I have the distinct honor and pleasure to participate in non-stop, profound learning with our clients. I love that feeling when learning happens and it makes a difference for the individual AND the organization. It makes me love going to work in the mornings.
- DiSC Type: High D and high i: I drive to results…with people.
- First job and what I learned from it: A customer service representative at the Sears Catalog counter. I learned what customer service was really about—we guaranteed satisfaction!
- I share my life with these animals: Two amazing, very smart parrots. I'm teaching them to conduct training programs so I can go on vacation.
- When I'm not cheering for the Cards, I'm cheering for: the Cats…because I'm a graduate of both schools. It makes those red vs. blue games very nerve wracking.
- What are you most passionate about? Two things: learning and making a difference in the lives of people and organizations. When you combine those two things, fantastic things begin to happen.
Manager of Corporate Learning - Susanna is responsible for sales, instructional and organizational design, and planning and implementation for all of our corporate partners. Her experience varies in many industries that include the military, pharmaceutical, financial services, banking, restaurant and automotive. She has extensive experience in performance consulting, instructional design, e-learning, scenario-based learning and simulation training. Currently she is focusing on creating more blended and mobile learning solutions for our customers. She holds a Master of Science in Instructional Systems Technology from Indiana University.
- DiSC Type: D/i
- The thing I like most about what I do: Collaborating and working side by side with corporate executives and key stakeholders whom are planning strategic initiatives to improve organizational and employee job performance. When the learning solutions are implemented, I look forward to witnessing the transformation!
- Strengths Quest: Futuristic, Woo, Positivity, Activator, Maximizer
- Favorite book: Raising Cain (for heaven's sake, I'm raising two boys!)
Favorite quotes: "The will to succeed is important, but what's more important is the will to prepare." - Bobby Knight
"Talent is God-given, be humble. Fame is man-made, be thankful. Conceit is self-given, be careful." - John Gooden
Program Manager - John currently serves as a program manager and trainer for UofL's Professional Development program. After completing his MSSW degree at the University of Louisville, he served in a variety of leadership and management positions in non-profit health and human service organizations. Prior to joining the team, he served as an independent consultant and trainer specializing in outcome measurement and organizational capacity building. He has authored or co-authored several papers on outcome measurement, organizational evaluation, and learning. He has a passion for life-long learning and has helped several organizations develop their capacities for program improvement.
- The thing I like most about what I do: The thing(s) I like most about what I do are learning and exploring new ideas. I enjoy meeting new people, especially those who are interested in learning and improving their job performance.
- StrengthsQuest: Intellection, Learner, Input, Individualization, and Analytical.
- I share my life with this animal: A two-year old boxer named Neila. She's 60 pounds of solid muscle and pure energy!
- Favorite book: My favorite books are those authored by Edward Rutherfurd who chronicles history from the perspective of a single family across several generations.
Program Coordinator - Julijana oversees all of the professional development seminars, including certificate programs and Continuing Education Unit (CEU) offerings. She also manages the daily business activity within the department.
- The thing I like most about what I do: Interacting with different people and learning while helping others learn.
- DiSC Type: i/S (the Counselor)
- StrengthsQuest: Empathy, Positivity, Adaptability, Harmony, and Input.
- Favorite quote: "The truth is that there is nothing noble in being superior to somebody else. The only real nobility is in being superior to your former self." - Whitney Young
- When I'm not cheering for the Cards, I'm cheering for: the Croatian national soccer team
Program Assistant - Alex graduated from Bellarmine University with a bachelor's in history in 2011. He is currently serving as the primary participant support contact for the University Business Training program. He also maintains the quality of seminar materials to ensure that they meet customer needs.
- StrengthsQuest: Input, Context, Intellection, Strategic, and Connectedness.
- Myers-Briggs: ENFJ
- Favorite book: The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien
- Favorite quote: "For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty forever beyond its reach." -J.R.R. Tolkien, Return of the King
What is DiSC, Myers-Briggs and StrengthsQuest?
These personality tests and assessment tools can help individuals or employers learn personal strengths or realize team dynamics. Many companies use these tools to decide who to hire or how to delegate work to team members. You can get the most out of these assessments by aligning your team with a common language so they can be more effective and successful. To learn more, contact Susanna Westerfield at 502.852.0573.