Fleet Fuel Program
The University of Louisville has established a contract with James River Solutions to provide a fuel program for University-owned vehicles, see Purchasing 13.00. Fuel cards provide a quick and convenient way for University drivers to purchase fuel at competitive rates. Departments shall be expected to follow the established guidelines.
- Fueling Locations
- Using your Fuel Card
- Vehicle Coordinator Responsibilities
- Driver Responsibilities
- How to Obtain a Fuel Card/PIN
- Vehicle Maintenance Agreements
- Contact Information
Or, locate a fueling site in another city or state:
- Go to www.cfnnet.com and click Site Locator in the topmost toolbar
- Search options include by state, city, county, metro address, zip code or route
- Further filter results by fuel type, driver comforts, site facilities, etc.
- Swipe card at the pump
- Enter vehicle's odometer (mileage) reading
- Enter personal PIN number
- Pump away!
- Save your receipt
- A fuel card must be used to re-fuel university-owned vehicles; a ProCard cannot be used.
- Only one fuel card can be assigned to a vehicle.
- A vehicle coordinator must be assigned for each department. This person must review the fuel card policies and sign an agreement form.
- Fuel cards must be restricted to the type of fuel product the vehicle requires (e.g. gasoline or diesel).
- A separate card can be obtained for small non-licensed vehicles or tools that would normally not have a fuel card assigned.
- Perform monthly reconciliations, verifying transactions and receipts with the fuel card report.
- Maintain all receipts and reports for three years.
- If a vehicle is sold or surplused, destroy the fuel card and send the ProCard Office a .
- Report lost or stolen cards immediately.
- Notify the ProCard Office to cancel an employee's PIN number when an employee is terminated/resigns or no longer with the department.
- Monitor fuel usage and odometer readings to ensure the appropriate mileage is being entered at the time of sale.
- Report any potential misuse or unidentified transactions to ProCard Office immediately. The fuel card is not to be used for personal vehicles or for non-business purposes. Using the fuel card for any purpose other than official business will be considered theft of UofL property.
- Periodically review the fuel card policies and procedures on this website and ensure all drivers are aware of the policies.
- All fuel card users will be assigned a unique 5-digit PIN number and must use only his/her PIN number when purchasing fuel.
- A receipt must be requested at the time of sale and be provided to the vehicle coordinator for reconciliation.
- Fuel cards and PIN#'s must be used for official University business only. The fuel card is not to be used for personal vehicles or for non-business purposes. Using the fuel card for any purpose other than official business will be considered theft of UofL property.
Fuel provider will email PIN number(s) to the vehicle coordinator.
New cards should arrive within 5-7 business days. PIN number additions and deletions will be completed within 1-2 business days.
We have contracted with the following companies for vehicle maintenance:
- Downtown Ford Inc., 809 S. 5th Street, Contract # IB-37-10-A
- Ken Towery Auto, All Locations, Contract # IB-37-10-B
- All-State Ford, 1357 Gardiner Lane, Contract # IB-37-10-C